AnaCris
First day on italki.com I'm from Mexico. I got married and since last august, I'm living in the US. My husband is american, but he speaks spanish. He speaks to me in english and I understand him, but I can't speak to him in english. I'm a chef, and I want to start working from my home, but I have to learn the language.
Feb 26, 2015 9:53 PM

First day on italki.com

I'm from Mexico. I got married and since last august, I'm living in the US. My husband is american, but he speaks spanish. He speaks to me in english and I understand him, but I can't speak to him in english.
I'm a chef, and I want to start working from my home, but I have to learn the language.

'I got married and since last august, I'm living in the US' :  I married and, since August last year, I have been living in the US.

Also, you should use capital letters for languages or nationalities  e.g. English, Spanish

It sounds strange to say that you will work at home as a chef, as I imagine a chef in a tall white chef's hat, shouting out orders and bustling around a restaurant kitchen.  Good luck !

First day on italki.com

I'm from Mexico. I got married and since last August, I'm living in the US. My husband is American, but he speaks Spanish. He speaks to me in English and I can understand him, but I can't speak to him in English.

I'm a chef, and I want to start working from my home, but I have to learn the this language.

Unlike Spanish, all countries, races, names of months etc are called proper nouns and must be capitalized.

First day on italki.com

I'm from Mexico. I got married and since last August, I'm living in the US. My husband is American, but he speaks Spanish. He speaks to me in English and I understand him, but I can't speak to him in English.

<em>I think you know a lot more English than you give yourself credit for! It's scary to speak another language in another place, though. Try to speak using short phrases at first with strangers, and then practice speaking a little more. You have to take the chance with other people!</em>