A Little About Cinema About 10 years ago people liked to go to the movies. Today, at least in Brazil, people don't go to the movies as they did 10 years ago. I have some theories about it: 1) Here in Brazil, movie tickets cost R$ 35 (about US$10) . It is very expensive for our reality. The gross minimum wage here is R$ 788,00 (about US$ 262). So, if you do the math, you'll see that represents 1/22 of the minimum wage. How can people go to cinema with their family if it is so expensive? Picture the amount paid by a householder just to go to the cinema with his wife and two kids. You can add to that, the fact that the popcorn is almost the same price of the movie theater ticket. It is out of our reality. 2) Services like Netflix are more cheap than a ticket to the cinema. 3) Piracy on internet: It is a crime and I don't agree with that. Because there is a lot of work on a movie production and when you make the download without paying for that, you are hurting all the industry. There are people who need their work. Think about this, ok? 4) Here in Brazil people don't have education. They go to the Movies and they talk aloud during the movie, they stick gum on the chair, and other forms of lack of education. I think all the 4 topics that I wrote above make people go away from movie theaters. That's my opinion.
Feb 26, 2015 10:11 PM