Joshua
Scientific and Technological Advancements Benefit Our Humanity Some people treat the same daily habits imposed by technological or scientific advancements as a negative development. I completely disagree with this statement. On the one hand, having same lifestyles made our society more global. Nowadays most people use social network services such as Facebook. Due to these mediums, people can now easily talk to people from all over the world almost instantly. As such, these technological inventions made our society global. This outcome can possibly lead to the eradication of negative stereotypes. For instance, people can appreciate other cultures through talking to foreigners. On the other hand, having similar habits means that people especially students living in developing countries can be well-educated. For instance, after the introduction of a smartphone, people not only watch videos but also upload videos on YouTube every day. This daily habit lead to the birth of free online tutorials and people from poor background learned a lot from these videos. As a result, it is believed that 20% of students in developing nations attend a college. In conclusion, people having the same lifestyles allowed our humanity to hugely benefit from scientific and technological developments.
Feb 27, 2015 4:21 AM

Scientific and Technological Advancements Benefit Our Humanity

Some people treat the similar* daily habits imposed by technological or scientific advancements as a negative development. I completely disagree with this statement.

On the one hand, having similar* lifestyles has made our society more global. Nowadays most people use social network services such as Facebook. Due** to these media, people can now easily talk to people from all over the world almost instantly. As such, these technological inventions have made our society global. This outcome can possibly lead to the eradication of negative stereotypes. For instance, people can appreciate other cultures through talking to foreigners.

On the other hand, having similar habits means that people living in developing countries, especially students, can be well-educated. For instance, after the introduction of the smartphone, people not only watch videos, but also upload them to YouTube every day. This daily habit lead to the birth of free online tutorials, and people from poor backgrounds learned a lot from these videos. As a result, it is believed that 20% of students in developing nations attend a college.

In conclusion, people having similar* lifestyles has allowed our humanity to benefit hugely from scientific and technological developments.

*[I changed this to "similar" because I felt it was closer to the meaning you were going for. You could use "the same", but you shouldn't use "same" alone.]

**["Due to" is OK, but I would usually go for "Thanks to" or "Owing to".]

[Great work!]

Some people treat the same daily habits imposed by technological or scientific advancements as a negative development. I completely disagree with this statement.

On the one hand, having same similar lifestyles made our society more global. Nowadays most people use social networking services such as Facebook. Due to these mediums, people can now easily talk to people from all over the world almost instantly. As such, these technological inventions made our society global. This outcome can possibly lead to the eradication of negative stereotypes. For instance, people can appreciate other cultures through talking to foreigners.

On the other hand, having similar habits means that people (especially students) living in developing countries can be well-educated. For instance, after the introduction of a smartphones, people not only watch videos but also upload videos on YouTube every day. This daily habit lead led to the birth of free online tutorials. and People from poor backgrounds learned a lot from these videos. As a result, it is believed that 20% of students in developing nations attend a college.

In conclusion, people having the same similar lifestyles has allowed our humanity to hugely benefit from scientific and technological developments.

Overall your writing is really good. Great job!