Cristina
Learning English Hello Today I'd like to write somthing about my experience in learning English. I've been studying English for more than 10 years but without regularity. I think that I haven't made any progress in these years. Maybe it's all due to the lack of practice. It may sounds banal, but I think that if you want to master a language you should try to think in this language, in other words you should "wear" it and show confidence even though your general knowledge isn't so good. But the problem is that I'm very shy at first and I tend to be perfectionist with myself so I never feel at ease when I speak English. Do you have any tips for me?
Feb 27, 2015 9:39 PM

<em>Here are some different ways to write this.</em>

Learning English

Hello
Today I'd like to write something about my experience in learning English.
I've been studying English for more than 10 years but without regularity. I think that I haven't made any progress in these years. Maybe it's all due to the lack of practice.
It may sounds banal, but I think that if you want to master a language you should try to think in this language, in other words you should "wear" it and show confidence even though your general knowledge isn't so good.

But the problem is that I'm very shy at first and I tend to be perfectionist with myself so I never feel at ease when I speak English.
Do you have any tips for me?

<em>Well written</em>

February 27, 2015

Learning English

Hello
But the problem is that I'm very shy at first and I tend to be a perfectionist (with myself) so I never feel at ease when I speak English.
Do you have any tips for me?

I don't think you need any! Your English is excellent. But I do agree with you, that 'practice makes perfect'. I think if you do a little every day, that should help. Italki seems like a great place to meet people who will practise with you.

February 27, 2015
Cristina!! You are too hard on yourself, because when you speak English you sound wonderful and natural - I know from experience! I wish you would make some comments sometimes on my FB group - it would be nice to have you participate :)

Learning English

Hello

I've been studying English for more than 10 years but not regularly. I think that I haven't made any progress in these years. Maybe it's all due to the lack of practice.

It may sound anal, but I think that if you want to master a language you should try to think in this language, in other words you should "wear" it and show confidence even though your general knowledge isn't so good.

But the problem is that I'm very shy at first and I tend to be perfectionist, so I never feel at ease when I speak English.

Do you have any tips for me?

Hi! Thank you for sharing your point of view with me! I agree with you. I need to practice and improve my English without having fear of mistakes. It's very difficult for me not to think to all the mistakes I constantly make, especially in spoken English. Another frustrating thing is to be speechless, when you don't remember or you can't find the correct words to express your ideas properly.
February 27, 2015