BBBravery
NO LABEL Lately I love to say "no label". This is what it is all about:i used to love to judge someone,something and myself,even unconsciously. For example,I think myself clever when i do something right or I blame myself if I misbehave hanging out with friends,or I'll persuade myself not to do something which I label it "HARD" before getting down to it. You see,that makes me waste a lot of time and energy. "Label" seems to confine our abilities,which should have taken ourselves somewhere. There's a saying from a famous writer going like this--Do not judge anyone or anything until you can see the full picture and the deep meaning of the appearance. At last,thanks a lot for correcting my composition beforehand. :)
Feb 28, 2015 4:24 AM

Lately I love to say “no label”.
What I mean is that; I used to love judging someone, something and even myself unconsciously.
For example, I would think I was clever when I did something right or I would blame myself if I misbehaved while I was hanging out with friends. I would even persuade myself not to do something because I labelled it “hard” before even trying to do it.
You see, I wasted a lot of time and energy.
By “labelling”, it seems to confine our abilities, which should have taken us somewhere else.
There’s a saying by a famous writer and it goes like this – “do not judge anyone or anything until you can see the full picture and the deep meaning of the appearance.”
Finally, thanks a lot for correcting my composition.

NOTES:
- This is what it is all about (grammatically correct, but not natural to say) = “what I mean to say…” OR “to elaborate…..”
- Judge (to judge = present tense) = Judging (present progressive tense); however because you said “used” = (Past Tense) Almost acting as an Adverb
- “While” = Doing two or more things at once = Misbehave + Hanging out with friends “misbehaving WHILE hanging out with friends.
- “That makes me waste a lot of time and energy” = “that” you don’t need, because the previous sentence is “that”. In English it is redundant (not necessary) to say the same thing twice or refer to the same event twice in the same context.
- “Label” – To label (present tense), Labelling (Present Progressive) = By doing something…….
- Ourselves – Is correct, but doesn’t sound natural = ‘us’ is better. Ourselves is a limited word – “Let’s keep it to ourselves”
- Beforehand = refers to time, “I prepared the rice beforehand”. So in your sentence it is incorrect. If you wanted to use ‘beforehand’ then you should put it at the beginning of your composition, because literally – “before you start reading, thankyou”.
Hope this helps, any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.

Matt

February 28, 2015