Can anybody help me check my composition please? Thanks! In a small village,the church clock suddenly stopped and this caused great trouble,but no one could explain why.Short time afterwards, the vicar climbed into the clock tower,hoping to find out the reason.To his surprise,there he saw hundreds and thousands of bees flying here and there, since, as he later found , the clock had been invaded by bees. These little creatures must have regarded the clock as their home,for, as you can see,the whole thing was full of honey and wax which were not only sticky but rather sweet as well.To make the clock work again,a bee keeper was called,because the bees would be dangerous for those who would do the repairing work.Wearing the protective clothes which were specially made,the experienced man picked out the queen bee with his eagle eyes and removed it.The other bees therefore followed their queen while she was being taken out of the clock tower and then to the keeper’s yard.The clock, however, was then able to be cleaned, which still proved difficult and time-consuming as the honey and wax were in such a large amount. However, late in the afternoon, the clock finally began working again.
Feb 28, 2015 11:31 AM
1

Can anybody help me check my composition please? Thanks!

In a small village, the church clock suddenly stopped and this caused great trouble, but no one could explain why. A short time afterwards, the vicar climbed into the clock tower, hoping to find out the reason. To his surprise, there he saw hundreds and thousands of bees (perhaps replace with 'insects' to avoid the repetition of the words 'bees' in this sentence?) flying here and there since, as he later found out, the clock had been invaded by bees. These little creatures must have regarded the clock as their home for, as you can see, the whole thing was full of honey and wax which were not only sticky but rather sweet as well. To make the clock work again, a bee keeper was called because the bees would be dangerous for those who would do the repairing work. Wearing the protective clothes which were specially made, the experienced man picked out the queen bee with his eagle eyes and removed it. The other bees therefore followed their queen while she was being taken out of the clock tower and then to the keeper’s yard. The clock, however, was then able to be cleaned, which still proved difficult and time-consuming as the honey and wax were in such a large amounts. However, late in the afternoon, the clock finally began working again.

<em>This is nicely written, just a few small corrections :)</em>

In a small village,the church clock suddenly stopped and this caused great trouble,but no one could explain why. A Short time afterwards, the vicar climbed into the clock tower,hoping to find out the reason.To his surprise, there he saw hundreds and thousands of bees flying here and there., since, as he later found , the clock had been invaded by bees. These little creatures must have regarded the clock as their home,for, as you can see,the whole thing was full of honey and wax which was were not only sticky but rather sweet as well.To make the clock work again,a bee keeper was called,because the bees would be dangerous for those who would do the repairing work.Wearing the protective clothes which were specially made,the experienced man picked out the queen bee with his eagle eyes and removed it her.The other bees therefore followed their queen while she was being taken out of the clock tower and then to the keeper’s yard.The clock, however, was then able to be cleaned, which still proved difficult and time-consuming as the honey and wax were in such a large amount. However, late in the afternoon, the clock finally began working again.