AYAKA
The first day of home stay program in Australia. The first day of home stay program in Australia. ・2/22 11:00 am in Narita Airport ・2/22 18:00 The time for departure has come. We flew on a Taipei-bound plane. ・2/23 23:30 We arrived 1hours behind timeI and hurried transfer ・2/23 10:00 We arrived Brisben My host family is a very kind and cheerful person! The beginning was tense and was not able to talk,however, their were kind me. II really appreciate their kindness and I'm glad I could come their house. I arrived at their house in the around noon. At the beginning,My host mother 'MAMA-SAN' cooked me delicious sandwich for lunch! After that, We went to that store to buy flowers and planted their garden. Australia is very very hot unlike Japan. After that finished, We swim pool at the their garden and we play volleyball. MAMA-SAN and I and NOZOMI vs PAPA-SAN. And we team winner ! I enjoyed :) (Nozomi is stay their home that I same stay program only 1day) In the evening, 'MAMA-SAN' cooked me delicious cream pasta. It's a very very delicious !! I was full of. And We watched a movie,'Ice Age' and 'Star Trek’ I am very tired from walking, but it was a very full day:)
Feb 28, 2015 2:23 PM

MY first day of home stay in Australia.

・2/22 11:00 am in Narita Airport
・2/22 18:00 The time for departure has come. We flew on a Taipei-bound plane.
・2/23 23:30 We arrived 1hours behind time and hurried TO transfer
・2/23 10:00 We arrived AT BRISBANE

My host family is a very kind and cheerful PEOPLE!
The beginning was tense BECAUSE I was not able to talk, however, THEY were kind TO me.
I really appreciate their kindness and I'm glad I could come TO their house.

I arrived at their house around noon.
IN the beginning, My host mother, 'MAMA-SAN' cooked me A delicious sandwich for lunch!

After that, We went to that store to buy flowers and planted THEM IN THIER garden.
Australia is very very hot, unlike Japan.
After WE finished, We THEN SWAM IN THE pool IN their garden and we PLAYED volleyball.
MAMA-SAN and I and NOZOMI vs PAPA-SAN. And we WERE THE team THAT WON ! I enjoyed IT :)
(Nozomi WILL stay AT their home FOR THE same HOMESTAY program only FOR 1day)

In the evening, 'MAMA-SAN' cooked me delicious cream pasta.
IT WAS very very delicious !! I was SO full.
And We watched TWO MOVIES, 'Ice Age' and 'Star Trek’.
I am very tired from walking, but it was a very full day:)

NOTES:

CAPITALS = CORRECTIONS
- Person = ‘an individual’, people = plural (in your context – family)
- “The beginning was tense AND was not able to talk” = ‘and’ does not make sense in this context. ‘Because you couldn’t talk, that’s why it was tense’. Your giving a reason to why it was ‘tense’

Any questions? Just ask! Also welcome to Brisbane, I also live here….luckily today is the first day of Autumn!! Have fun while you’re here!

Matt