Ilaria
A wonderful surprise I am reading an interesting book about the eruption of Vesuvius, that buried Pompeii in 79 A.D. The author is the paleontologist and science writer Alberto Angela. This book shows the life before the eruption and tell the stories of real people, really existed in Pompeii and Hercolaneum at that time. It is extremely interesting: do you know that the Vesuvius wasn't as high as today? It didn't seem a volcano! Do you know that the archeologist discovered a murder before the eruption in Hercolaneum? Well, last evening I was thinking about those places that I wanted to see again, when my boyfriend called me with a surprise: tomorrow we're going to Naples and surroundings! It will be a long travel by car (I live near Turin), but I am very happy!
Feb 28, 2015 4:24 PM
2

A wonderful surprise

I am reading an interesting book about the eruption of Vesuvius that buried Pompeii in 79 A.D. The author is a paleontologist and science writer Alberto Angela. This book shows the life before the eruption and tells the stories of real people , really existed that lived in Pompeii and Hercolaneum at that time.

It is extremely interesting: do you know that the Vesuvius wasn't as high as it is today? It didn't seem a volcano! (? ...do you mean: didn't look like a volcano) Do you know that the an archeologist discovered a murder in Hercolaneum before the eruption ?

Well, last evening night I was thinking about those places that I wanted to see again  (would be better to say something like: "...about wanting to visit the location(s)/cities/sights again") , when my boyfriend called me with a surprise: tomorrow we're going to Naples and surroundings! It will be a long travel by car (I live near Turin), but I am very happy!

* Che carino. Buon viaggio domani!!! :-)))))

February 28, 2015

A wonderful surprise

I am reading an interesting book about the eruption of Vesuvius, that buried Pompeii in 79 A.D. The author is the paleontologist and science writer Alberto Angela. This book shows the life before the eruption and tell the stories of real people, who actually existed in Pompeii and Hercolaneum at that time. It is extremely interesting: do you know that the Vesuvius wasn't as high as it is today? It didn't seem a look like (or "appear to be") a volcano! Do you know that the archeologist discovered uncovered a murder before the eruption in Hercolaneum? Well, last yesterday evening I was thinking about those places that I wanted to see again, when my boyfriend called me with a surprise: tomorrow we're going to Naples and it's surroundings! It will be a long travel journey by car (I live near Turin), but I am very happy!