Luíza
São João del Rei - Challenge one text every day A friend gived me the idea to talk about my home city. Well, I live at a small town in Brazil. It's located at Minas Gerais (in my opinion - best state to live on Brazil.) Why you should visit São João del Rei? Here is a magic place, where people are always nice to you. If you are catolic, is a good place to be. There's many beautifull churches here. If you are not, is also a good place, because the churches are really beautifull and always you can find a little bar in front of them, with very cold beer! =) Well... We have the "picole do Amado", the best ice-cream ever! You can take a train (not any train, a Maria Fumaça ^^) to go to Tiradentes (another beautiful town, near São João del Rei). But you have to be carefull asking about the train. This is a problematic word here in Minas... Well... Train is everything but certainly NOT a transportation way. Let me explain better: We use the word "train" to every things that we can't remember the name. Like, if you need a pen, and is next to a friend, you tell to him: "Give me this train there, please.". hahaha
1

São João del Rei - Challenge one text every day

A friend gived gave me the idea to talk about my home city.
Well, I live at in a small town in Brazil. It's located at in Minas Gerais (in my opinion - best state to live on in Brazil.)
Why you should you visit São João del Rei?
Here This is a magical place, where people are always nice to you.
If you are catholic, it is a good place to be. There's are many beautifull churches here. If you are not, it is also a good place (it doesn't matter) , because the churches are really beautifull and always you can always find a little bar in front of them, with very cold beer! =)
Well... We have the "picole do Amado"; the best ice-cream ever! You can take a train (not any train, a Maria Fumaça ^^) to go to Tiradentes (another beautiful town, near São João del Rei).
But you have to be carefull asking about the train. This is a problematic word here in Minas... Well... Train is everything but certainly NOT a type of transportation way. Let me explain better: We use the word "train" to every for anythings that we can't remember the name of. Like, if you need a pen, and it is next to a friend, you tell to him: "Give me this that train there, please.". hahaha

Hope my corrections help, your town sounds lovely. Already I want to go to São João del Rei and get some picole do Amado, and sit outside a church with a nice cold beer. Beaut!

Peace

Alasdair

1

<em>Here are some different ways to write this. </em>

A friend gave me the idea to talk about my home city.
Well, I live in a small town in Brazil. It's located in Minas Gerais (in my opinion - best state to live on Brazil.)
Why should you visit São João del Rei?
Here is a magical place, where people are always nice to you.
If you are catholic, it is a good place to be. There are many beautifull churches here. If you are not, it is also a good place, because the churches are really beautifull and you can always you can find a little bar in front of them, with very cold beer! =)
Well... We have the "picole do Amado", the best ice-cream ever! You can take a train (not any train, a Maria Fumaça ^^) to go to Tiradentes (another beautiful town, near São João del Rei).
But you have to be carefull asking about the train. This is a problematic word here in Minas... Well... Train is everything but certainly NOT a transportation way. Let me explain better: We use the word "train" for all things for which we can't remember the name. Like, if you need a pen, and you are next to a friend, you say to him: "Give me that train there, please.". hahaha

Sao Joao del Rei, I love its churchs. And bars as well =P