The ‘accents' Today I set up a topic and asked a question (They are the same actually~_~) about accents. It wasn't long before I got several reviews from a few nice people from Britain, America, South Africa and some other countries.Despite some little differences, most of the opinions are same, that ‘accents' are actually not important, as long as you can communicate with people, which indeed is the real function of a language. What's more, as one of them said, there isn't so called standard American accent or British accent (I thought it was called Britain accent before :-P) at all, for even in one city people speak differently from person to person. In this way, I'll not be confused anymore about how to perfect my accent but just pronounce words correctly and speak in my own cool way to convey my thoughts and feelings. I think, a language is both a tool through which human beings think and, at the same time, a prison where our thoughts are limited, for there is always sometime when we cannot find anys words or anys sentences to describe what's on in our hearts, our souls and our spirits. Leaning a new language is just like entering a new different awesome world. The more languages you learn, the more you can free your mind. Languages are charming, with many of their secrets deep within the humankind waving us.