Blair
Should visitors follow other countries local customs and behavior or not? Recent decades have witnessed an apparent tendency that more and more people choose to go abroad for travel. Some people believe that this is the best way to follow local customs and behavior, however, the other people disagree and hold a viewpoint that the host country should welcome cultural differences. This essay will discuss both sides. For the people who insist visitors need respect and follow local customs and behavior have three reasons as follows. Firstly, the main reason, it is a common sense that the prerequisite of showing respect is keep others’ cultural traditions and preserve others’ own national behavior. Secondly, the aim of traveling abroad is to enjoy the cheerfulness coming from feeling various exotic culture.. Thirdly, it is cultural differences that attract people eyes to visit another country. Thus, if we refuse to merge into local customs, we will lost the key point of travel abroad. On the other hand, however, other people emphasize that the world is cultural diversity, millions of kinds culture has conflicted and communicated for many centuries. That is unnecessary to hold others’ customs and behavior. In addition, it will make troubles to foreign visitors. For instance, it is a hard task for an American to use chopsticks to eat noodles, so if we insist to follow the host country, maybe that American will never taste the delicious Chinese noodles in his life. Moreover, the world is changing, we should abandon the conservative insular mentality for cultural differences and hold a open mind to welcome other customs. Speaking for myself, I agree with both of them, according to everything has more than one side. And it is not the best way to follow all the foreign culture. As for me, we should seek common ground and reserve difference on this issue, namely, we should enjoy and follow those good local customs and behavior, at same time, abandon but respect those bad parts, such as superstitious ceremonies.

Should visitors to other countries follow local customs and behavior or not?

Recent decades have witnessed an apparent tendency that more and more people choose to go abroad for travel. Some people believe that this is the best way to follow local customs and behavior, however, the other people disagree and hold a viewpoint that the host country should welcome cultural differences. This essay will discuss both sides.

On one side, For the people who insist visitors need to respect and follow local customs and behavior; there are have three reasons as follows. Firstly, the main reason, it is a common sense that the prerequisite of showing respect is to keep others’ cultural traditions and preserve others’ own national behavior. Secondly, the aim of traveling abroad is to enjoy the cheerfulness that comes from feeling various exotic cultures. Thirdly, it is cultural differences that attract people eyes to visit another country. Thus, if we refuse to merge into local customs, we will lose a key point of traveling abroad.

On the other hand, however, other people emphasize that the world is full of cultural diversity, millions of kinds cultures have conflicted and communicated for many centuries. It is unnecessary to hold others’ customs and behavior. In addition, it will make troubles to foreign visitors. For instance, it is a hard task for an American to use chopsticks to eat noodles, so if we insist they follow the host country, maybe that American will never taste the delicious Chinese noodles in his life. Moreover, the world is changing, we should abandon the conservative insular mentality for cultural differences and hold an open mind to welcome other customs.

Speaking for myself, I agree with both of them, according to everything has more than one side. And it is not the best way to follow all the foreign cultures. As for me, we should seek common ground and reserve differences on this issue. namely, wWe should enjoy and follow those good local customs and behaviors, at same time, and abandon but respect those bad parts, such as superstitious ceremonies.