Marie
Tragedy in Los Angeles [Homework] Hi everyone, I have to talk about a current subjet to my classe during 5 minutes. ^^ This is my piece of new :) Yesterday, a tragic event took place in Los Angeles 4 Policemen killed a homeless by firing several shots, exactly five shots. In broad daylight, at the sidewalk of the Los Angeles' district named "Skid Row" ("les bas fonds"), we can see officers beating up a homeless nicknamed "Africa". Apparently, this person was involved in a burglary (cambriolage) . First of all, after the burglary, Africa was fighting against an other homeless in a tent when the policemen arrived at this place and recognized Africa as a suspect. They tried to arrest (interpeller) BA during his fight. Bad/ Wrong Idea. The man struggled as more as possible. A truncheon of an officer fell down so a women picked it up and threatened the law enforcement. 2 policemen attempted to arrest her too and 4 policemen struggled against the homeless and used the taser that did not catch him. Suddenly, one of the officers yelled "Drop the gun! Drop the gun!" Five shots followed. These shots were fatal for Africa who died a few minutes later. After learning taht, I think the law enforcement of LA can't protect the inhabitants as they have to do and then I'm sure that the people feel the insecurity more than it is supposed to be. Never the less, I link this subject to Myth and Hero because I think this serial of severial tragedies like that will be in the memory of a lot of Americans especially Afro-Americans who still suffer of racism now
1

Tragedy in Los Angeles [Homework]

Hi everyone, I have to talk about a current subjet to my classe during for 5 minutes. ^^
This is my new piece of new :)

Yesterday, a tragic event took place in Los Angeles 4 Policemen killed a homeless person by firing several shots, actually five shots exactly.

In broad daylight, at on the sidewalk of the Los Angeles' district named "Skid Row" ("les bas fonds"), we can see officers were seen beating up a homeless person/man nicknamed "Africa". Apparently, this person was involved in a burglary (cambriolage) .

First of all, after the burglary, Africa was fighting against  with another homeless person in a tent when the policemen arrived at this place and recognized Africa as a suspect.

They tried to arrest (interpeller) BA during this fight. Bad/ Wrong Idea. The man struggled as much as possible. An officer's truncheon (baton) fell down so a women picked it up and threatened the law enforcement. 2 policemen attempted to arrest her too and 4 policemen struggled against the homeless man and used the taser that did not catch him. Suddenly, one of the officers yelled "Drop the gun! Drop the gun!" Five shots followed. These shots were fatal for Africa who died a few minutes later.

After learning this, I think the LA law enforcement of LA can't protect the inhabitants as they have to do and then should and I'm sure that the people are feeling even more insecure than usual.  feel the insecurity more than it is supposed to be.

Never the less, I link this subject to Myth and Hero because I think this serial of severial tragedies like that will be in the memory of a lot of Americans especially Afro-Americans who still suffer of racism now

I think you are rushing to judgment. It is still unknown exactly what happened. But if it is true that the deceased was grabbing for the policeman's gun, then the police had every legal and moral right to open fire. If it is not true, then the police very well may have done the wrong thing. Let's wait to see the facts before we pass judgment.