Elena
The cost of living The crisis in Russia happened not only inside the country... it spreaded on other countries. Russia is so big and valuable country that many other countries are depend on it. There are many things happened in the country. The cost of living is continually going up, it was always, but it has dramatically increased for the last couple of months. The cost of food basket rapidly raised, the prices for different kind of servicies went up, utilities are slightly going up. On the other hand there were a lot of reductions of working places and decreasing of salary. The situation is not so bright and joyful, but we will survive and stay strong anyway. I hope so.
1

The cost of living

The crisis in Russia happened has not only happened inside the country... it has spreaded on through many other countries. Russia is so a big large and valuable energy rich country that and many other countries are depend on it's resources.
There are Many things have happened in the country. The cost of living is continually going up, as it was always has, but it has dramatically increased for the last couple of months. The cost of a food basket rapidly raised, the prices for different kind of various servicies all went up, utilities are slightly going up more expensive. On the other hand there were a lot of reductions of working places available jobs and decreasing of salaryies. The situation is not so bright and joyful, but we will survive and stay strong anyway. I hope so.

Elena, I noticed that the exchange rate for the Ruble suddenly changed, in November I got 70 for a £1, but within a week I could get 80, and now I could get 90. We are still being told that the UK is recovering from the financial crash of 2008, but I think it will take many more years to recover from the gambling losses of the banks that the governments are making us pay for.

So many countries allowed the same situation to arise - all from greed.

They can't accept that money needs to circulate in order to enable people to spend it.

If we have jobs, we can earn, then we can spend what we have left after taxes, this enables shops to stay open, services to function and businesses to survive. Every time money changes hands the government take some. All that stops working when they just take money out of circulation.

We have to remain positive, because the opposite is so depressing, and we can't change what happened in 2008.

1

Cost of Living

The crisis happened not only in Russia but it spread to other countries also. Russia is so big and rich country and many other countries depend on it.
Many things happened in this country. The cost of living is continually going up, as it has always been, but it has dramatically increased for the last couple of months. The cost of food has rapidly increased, the prices for different kinds of services has gone up, price of utilities has gone up slightly. On the other hand there has been a reduction in no of jobs and decrease in salaries. The situation is not so bright and joyful, but we will survive and stay strong anyway. I hope so.

Your spirit of optimism is to be appreciated.