Bruce
How to Memorize Vocabulary PART #2 Another way is to study word groups, such as some word that you find that can be useful, and then look up its opposite or Antonym in the Thesaurus. Example: ARTICULATE The Free Dictionary Online defines ARTICULATE as follows: "1. Composed of distinct, meaningful syllables or words: articulate speech. 2. Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language: an articulate speaker. 3. Characterized by the use of clear, expressive language: an articulate essay. 4. Having the power of speech.""-----Read more @ http://www.thefreedictionary.com/articulate Literally, the word ARTICULATE (which I find to be a very powerful word that is a part of my own "Working Vocabulary" or "Word Toolbox") means something like, To---Draw---A---Picture---With---Words. I can use this word in sentences like those which follow as examples. These are the kinds of sentences that you can write in your notebook to strengthen your word memory. EXAMPLES: "I would like to articulate the idea of courtesy and civility in public communications." "I would like to articulate Aristotle's Three Laws of Logic this way; White is White. Black is Black. Gray is neither White nor Black. Gray would represent the Excluded Middle or Mean Value between the two extremes." "It is possible to articulate the idea by identifying first that it is an Abstract Concept and not a physical reality." The Synonyms for ARTICULATE are as follows: Expressive, Fluent, Clear