"The Imitation Game" Review by an Italian speaker I will be grateful whether someone will correct my review and will give me some suggestions in order to write better. Thanks. Enigma, the hardest and the most important for humanity riddle in the 20th century without any doubt. The historical period is the second world War, Germany is fighting versus everyone and everything. Hitler, the cynical fuhrer wants to conquer all Europe, he needs continuosly more resources, more weapons, more food if he wanna realize his megalomaniac dream. France, Belgium, Norway, Polland, he got all these Countries, except for two, much harder to fight with: The United Kingdom from West and Russia from East. The movie talks about the will of UK to stop Hitler and stop a war which seems endless. British intelligence with the help of Russian one, managed to steal an important device for the German army: Enigma. A machine which is used by Germany to send all the military communications. All these kind of communications are coded with this machine and only Germany know the key to decrypte them. If the UK knew that key, they would know all the military strategies and win the war. So the Royal Navy has called the best brains in the UK, to solve this riddle because so far, no one has not reached to understand how Enigma works, everyone has failed. There are more than 1 000 000 000 000 000 of possibile keys and moreover the key changed every day. So the movie characters have only less than a day to find the key. Alan Turing, the lead character, is a genius, graduated in Maths and Physics, with a sad childhood, beaten every day by his classmates, without any friends, but with a unique brain will be called to try solving Enigma. With the help of his colleagues, and with a woman, Joan Clarke, he will try to save thousands of people with only the knowledge of Science, far from the war field, like a God. TO BE CONTINUED
1

I haven't got time to correct this completely but here are some things that might help you.

"The Imitation Game" Review by an Italian Speaker

I will would be grateful whether if someone would correct my review and suggest ways to give me some suggestions in order to write better <em>(or improve my writing)</em>. Thanks.

Enigma, the hardest and the most important for humanity riddle in the 20th century without any doubt. Enigma, without any doubt, was the hardest and most important puzzle for humanity in the 20th century. The historical period is The film is set in the Second World War. Germany is fighting versus against everyone and everything. Hitler, the cynical hrer, wants to conquer all of Europe. He constantly needs continuosly more resources, more weapons, and more food if he wanna wants to realize his megalomaniac dream. Having easily conquered France, Belgium, Norway and Poland, he got all these Countries, except for two, two countries are much harder to fight: the United Kingdom to the West and Russia to the East.
The movie talks about depicts the will of the UK to stop Hitler and stop finish a war which seems endless.
British intelligence with the help of Russian intelligence <em>(or the Russians)</em>, managed to steal an important device for from the German army: an Enigma machine. A machine which is These were used by Germany to send encrypt all the military communications <em>(the machines didn't send the messages, that was done by morse code or paper)</em>. All these kind of communications are coded with this machine and only Germany know the key to decrypte them. Intercepted messages could only be decrypted by someone with another Enigma machine set up in exactly the same way it was to encrypt it. If the UK knew that key could crack the Enigma code it would help them win the ware because they would discover all the enemy military strategies and win the war.
So the Royal Navy has called in the best brains in the UK,

<em>I had to stop after this because I've run out of time. As a general suggestion, your writing might benefit from using shorter sentences. It is difficult to write long sentences correctly. Even native English speakers like me frequently get them wrong and few texts benefit from them anyway. Well crafted shorter sentences tend to express one's meaning more clearly than longer ones. They are often easier to write too. </em>

<em>It would be worth getting an authoritative book to learn correct punctuation. Many are available. Initially focus on full stops and commas. Unless we are writing all the time, we tend to forget punctuation rules. Nevertheless, reading such a book once will make you senstitive to the rules that exist. Afterwards they can be looked up again when necessary.</em>

<em>I hope that helps.</em>

<em>I dream of being able to write something as challenging as this in Italian!</em>

<em>Incidentally, the book, written by Andrew Hodges, that inspired the film is excellent and reputed to be one of the best scientific biographies ever written.</em>

I agree when you wrote about the choice to ignore the mechanism of the machine. But i believe they would have been too much hard to understand by most of the people who has watched the film. I study scientific subjects at University, so it would have been much more cool for me. Of course, everyone have own favourite topics and the director had that choice (i believe he made that choice to capture more the attention). At the same time i liked a lot the film. I didn't know anything about Alan Turing, just his famous machine which i studied during my IT exam. Finally the lead actor performance has been absolutely great IMHO. Thanks David for sharing your comment and sorry for my mistakes.
The movie is filled with inaccuracies and fails to provide even the most basic information about how the code worked. And it wasted time telling about Turing's childhood that would have been more interestingly spent looking at his relationship with the nineteen year old boy. Sorry, but this movie was a major disappointment IMHO.