Fabio
Review of a film I've seen "A pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on the existence" by the swedish director Roy Andersson last week but I found out the time to review it right now. The movie was rewarded with the Gold Lion at The Venice Film Festival last September and there was some curiosity and attention by the media and the audience too. After I watched it I want to warn other new probabile spectators : the movie is awful. I am used to see movies that are not mainstream and I love enjoing experimentations on the cinema's screens. But " A pigeon" is so pretentious, so cinical, so poor that I think the only experimentation you can find out in it, it's about the patience of the spectators. So look at all Greeneway's filmography, and Derek Jarman's too, in order to see how experimental cinema could be.
1

Review of a film

I've seen  I saw "A pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on the existence" by the Swedish director Roy Andersson last week but it's only now that I've found time to review it. I found out the time to review it right now.
The movie was awarded with the Gold Lion at The Venice Film Festival last September and there was some curiosity and attention by from the media and the audience too.
After I watched it watching it,I want to warn other new probabile probable spectators : the movie is awful.
I am used to seeing  movies that are not mainstream and I love enjoing experimentations on the cinema's screens  cinema screen.
But " A pigeon" is so pretentious, so cynical, so poor that I think the only experimentation you can find out in it, it's about is the patience of the spectators.
So look at all Greeneway's filmography, and Derek Jarman's too, in order to see how experimental cinema could be.

I thought about going to see that . . . I won't now - thank you :D

1

Review of a film

I've seen "A pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on the existence" by the Swedish director Roy Andersson last week, but I found out the time to review it right now.

The movie was rewarded with the Gold Lion at The Venice Film Festival last September and there was some curiosity and attention by the media and the audience too.

After I watched it I want to warn other new probable spectators : the movie is awful.

I am used to seeing movies that are not mainstream and I love enjoying experimentations on the cinema screens.

But " A pigeon" is so pretentious, so cynical, so poor that I think the only experimentation you can find out in it is the patience of the spectators.

<em>Thanks for the recommendation!</em>

I doubt that you would come across the word spectator used for a cinema-goer in any kind of published text for the general public. It struck me as odd anyway. Your usage conforms to the dictionary definition so it is not technically wrong but I've never come across it used in this context. The word spectator is normally used for someone watching some kind of live activity e.g. a sporting event. Somebody watching a film would be referred to as a member of the audience, a viewer or a cinema-goer. Interestingly, you wouldn't normally see the crowd watching a football match referred to as the audience. They would be referred to as spectators or the crowd. I would expect to read: "After watching it, I want to warn other cinema-goers: the movie is awful.", you could also use the word viewers instead of cinema-goers and potential viewers probably best captures what you intended. I would also use "patience of the audience" rather than "patience of the spectators". I posted this as a comment rather than a correction since there would be no doubt about the meaning of what you wrote.