Federico
Rain in Buenos Aires It is raining in Buenos Aires. There are less people than usual on the streets. Even though the forecast has predicted it, many people have not left their homes prepared for this and have not taken an umbrella or mackintosh with them. Now some of them are waiting for the rain to stop or at least drop a little under roofs on the sidewalks. Others just walk under the rain making the faces people usually make when getting wet under the rain. As for me, I have got an umbrella. Tough, it does not prevent my feet to get a bit wet. Sidewalks in Buenos Aires are not in their best conditions so I have to be careful not to step on a loose tile and splash water on all over my trousers while I also try to avoid clashing my umbrella with those of the other passers-by. It is certainly proves to be a difficult and annoying task. Anyway, the weather is awful enough to get hold of your spirit and make you just want to be at home peacefully sleeping or reading a book while hearing the rain fall down, instead of going to the office and spend the rest of the day working hard. Here in Argentina we have a common saying that goes “Siempre que llovió, paró.” In a literal translation into English would be something like “Every time it rained, it stopped.” It is used during a bad time for consolation or giving some hope, meaning that no matter how awful a situation is, sooner or later it will pass/end.

Rain in Buenos Aires

It is raining in Buenos Aires. There are less people than usual on the streets. Even though the forecast had predicted it (necesitas el pluscuamperfecto porque el "forecast" ocurrió antes de q empezó la lluvia), many people have not left their homes prepared for it (mejor) and have not taken an umbrella or mackintosh (?) with them. Now some of them are waiting for the rain to stop or at least seek shelter a little under roofs on the sidewalks. Others just walk through the rain making the faces people usually make when getting wet under the rain.

As for me, I have got an umbrella. However, it does not prevent my feet from getting wet. Sidewalks in Buenos Aires are not in the best condition so I have to be careful not to step on loose tiles and splash water on all over my trousers.  I also try to avoid clashing my umbrella with those of the other passers-by ("pedestrians" es probablemente mejor). It (mejor omitir "is") certainly proves to be a difficult and annoying task.

Anyway, the weather is awful enough to bring down your spirit and make you just want to be at home peacefully sleeping or reading a book while hearing the rain fall down, instead of going to the office and spend the rest of the day working hard.

Here in Argentina we have a common saying that goes “Siempre que llovió, paró.” In a literal translation into English would be something like “Every time it rained, it stopped.” It is used during a bad time for consolation or giving some hope, meaning that no matter how awful a situation is, sooner or later it will pass/end.

Bien hecho!  Qué bien hablás inglés!