Nariel González
My potato life I always thought that I wasn't gonna improve any of my english, I'm been studying as a second language since I was in elementary school, but it just seem impossible, I gotta said that my school had a lot of united states emigrants's sons so they speak it very fluently and I was just ashamed that I wasn't able to memorize how to say cat, dog or "Teacher, may I go to the bathroom, please?" I was so overwhelmed that I have to speak loud in front of everyone and I was just gonna embarras myself... that's why I sat thight in my desk and tried to be invisible, if no one can see me, then no one can ask me anything. The time goes by and I went to junior high school, I managed to pass my english classes and to avoid speaking in front of the class. I actually felt like I wasn't able to understand anything but one day I did a quiz and I don't know how I get a A-, I was so happy, I didn't think I could do it, I noticed that the answers were right because they sounded right to me... that's when I realize that I understand more than I could imagine. Then in between junior high school and high school I started to listen, like really listen hard rock, almost all in english. Then movies without subtitles in spanish but english. At college almost all my researches are in english but now I realize I'm not really good at writing and speaking it, just understanding (listen and reading), and that's because I never let go my elementary school shame and I always felt judge when I had to say or write something. I'd really hate to be judge about my english (or anything, actually) even if that happen just one or two times in my entire life. When I signed up in this website I was thinking only on learning german, but I've been thinking that here is the perfect way to start everything fresh and improve my writing and speaking skills in this language, too. I'll love if you could correct this entry and make me some comments, I know I repeat a lot certain words, but it's important for me if you could point them out and gave me some synonymous to use instead. Thank you for reading <3 PS. Here is a cute/creepy potato for you. Yeah, the title is the first thing I thought when I see the picture.
2

My potato life

I always thought that I wasn't gonna improve any of my English. I'm Ive been studying it as a second language since I was in elementary school, but it just seems impossible. I gotta have to/must say, said that my school had a lot of United States emigrants's sons so they spoke (because you said "my school had" then speak would turn past tense, "spoke fluently") it (unnecessary "it") very fluently and I was just ashamed that I wasn't able to memorize/remember how to say cat, dog or "Teacher, may I go to the bathroom, please?" I was so overwhelmed that I had to speak out loud (out-loud) in front of everyone and I was just gonna embarras myself... that's why I sat straight/tight ? in my desk and tried to be invisible, if no one can see me, then no one can ask me anything.

As the time goes went by and I went to junior high school, I managed to pass my English classes and to avoid speaking in front of the class. I actually felt like I wasn't able to understand anything but one day I did a quiz and I don't know how I got an A-, but I was so happy, I didn't think I could do it. I noticed that the answers were right because they sounded right to me... that's when I realized that I can understand (or "that I understood") more than I could imagine.

Then, in between junior high school and high school I started to listen, like really listen to hard rock, almost all in English. Then movies without subtitles in Spanish but English. ("Then movies with English subtitles instead of Spanish subtitles"?) I think thats what you are trying to say :P

At/In college, almost all of my researches are was in English, but now I realize I'm not really good at writing and/or speaking it, just understanding (listen and reading), and that's because I never let go of my elementary school shame and I always felt judged when I had to say or write something. I'd really hate to be judged about/for my English (or anything, actually) even if that happens just one or two times (or "just a few times") in my entire life.

When I signed up in on/to this website I was thinking about only on learning German, but I've been thinking that here is the perfect way to start everything fresh and improve my writing and speaking skills in this language, too. I'll love if you could correct this entry and make me some comments, I know I repeat a lot certain words, but it's important for me if you could point them out and gave me some synonymous to use instead.

Thank you for reading <3

PS. Here is a cute/creepy potato for you. Yeah, the title is the first thing I thought when I see the picture.

Great job! You arent too far off, keep it up ☺

My potato life

I always thought that I wasn't gonna going to improve any of my english, I'm I've been studying it as a second language since I was in elementary school, but it just seems impossible, I gotta said have to say that my school had a lot of united states emigrants's sons  immigrants from the US so they speak it very fluently and I was just ashamed that I wasn't able to memorize how to say cat, dog or "Teacher, may I go to the bathroom, please?" I was so overwhelmed that I have had to speak loud in front of everyone and I was just gonna going to embarras myself... that's why I sat thight there in my desk and tried to be invisible. If no one can see me, then no one can ask me anything.

The time goes went by and I went to junior high school, I managed to pass my english classes and to avoid speaking in front of the class. I actually felt like I wasn't able to understand anything but one day I did a quiz and I don't know how I get got an A-. I was so happy. I didn't think I could do it. I noticed that the answers were right because they sounded right to me... that's when I realized that I understand understood more than I could imagine.

Then, in between junior high school and high school, I started to listen, like really listen hard rock, almost all in english. Then movies without subtitles in spanish but english.

At college almost all my researches is in english but now I realize I'm not really good at writing and speaking it, just understanding (listen and reading), and that's because I never let go of my elementary school shame and I always felt judged when I had to say or write something. I'd really hate to be judged about my english (or anything, actually) even if that happened just one or two times in my entire life.

When I signed up in this website I was thinking only on learning german, but I've been thinking that here is the perfect way to start everything fresh and improve my writing and speaking skills in this language, too. I'd love if you could correct this entry and make me some comments, I know I repeat a lot certain words, but it's important for me if you could point them out and gave me some synonymous to use instead.

Thank you for reading <3

PS. Here is a cute/creepy potato for you. Yeah, the title is the first thing I thought when I see saw the picture.

hi you. I'm a new member of Italki, so i don't know how to learn English in there. can you help me! thanks very much!