pollo91
writing practice In modern cities pollution has created a toxic gas cap that severely affects citizens’ health.In fact emissions of nocive substances may directly cause (or aggravate) some respiratory conditions; as a consequence lowering the levels of pollutants in our cities has become an urgency. Cars are responsible of most of nocive emissions and reducing the number of motor vehicles in our streets would greatly impact on the environment, however convincing people to use public transport instead of private cars is not an easy task. First of all when it comes to public transports the service provided by the government is usually very disappointing: long waiting times, frequent delays, few seats and lack of comfort are only some of the reasons why people prefer not to travel by bus or by train. By improving the quality and efficiency of the transportation system we ensure more people to use it and more cars would be left in garage. Altough public transport is a valid alternative, it is not the only option available. For instance nowadays services of car sharing are becoming much popular since they let people to save money, make new friends and reduce emissions all at the same time. Moreover great improvements can be made just by trying to arise awareness of the problem, for example by asking teachers to discuss about the problem in classes or offering incentives to whom who decide to switch to an electric car. A drastic way is heavily taxing gasoline, in this way public transport would be more appealing because they would be less expensive. To conclude, as far as I can see, there are infinitely many ways to tackle the problem while relying uniquely on people sense of responsability is not sufficient. Something must be done as soon as possible to improve quality of life in great cities and it should be a priority of every government.
1

writing practice

In modern cities pollution has created a toxic gas cap that severely affects citizens’ health. In fact, emissions of nocive toxic substances may directly cause (or aggravate) some respiratory conditions; as a consequence consequently lowering the levels of pollutants in our cities has become an urgency. (consequently seems like a better choice than "as a consequence" but I would suggest a bit of rephrasing too, something like: "consequently making it urgent for us to lower the levels of pollutants in our cities".... there are many more ways you could rephrase it, This is only one of them)

Cars are responsible of for most of nocive the toxic emissions and so reducing the number of motor vehicles in on our streets would greatly impact on the environment (or: would have a great impact on the environment) , however convincing people to use public transport instead of private cars is not an easy task. First of all, when it comes to public transports (or: means of public transport) the service provided by the government is usually very disappointing. Long waiting times, frequent delays, few seats and lack of comfort are only some of the reasons why people prefer not to travel by bus or by train. By improving the quality and efficiency of the transportation system we would ensure more people to use it an increase of people using it and more cars would be left in their prospective garages.

Although public transport is a valid alternative, it is not the only option available. For instance, nowadays services of like car sharing are becoming much popular since they let people to save money, make new friends and reduce emissions all at the same time. Moreover Furthermore, great improvements can be made just by simply trying to arise awareness of the problem, for example by asking teachers to discuss about the problem in classes or offering incentives to whom those who decide to switch to an electric car. A drastic way is heavily taxing gasoline, in this that way public transport would be more appealing because they would be less expensive.

To conclude In conclusion,  as far as I can see, there are infinitely many ways to tackle the problem while and relying uniquely solely on people's sense of responsibility is not sufficient. Something must be done as soon as possible to improve the quality of life in great big cities and it should be a priority of for every government.