The Crisis of the Oil Industry The drop in the price of oil has badly hit Colombia's economy, since it is the country's major export. Oil has been fthe only source of jobs in several cities across Colombia for many years. Some years ago, everybody dreamt of getting a job in the oil industry, because this sector had the best paid jobs in the country. A friend just called me to tell me that his boss messaged him and wrote that his contract won't be renewed in May. He's very worrried because he bought a car six months ago and he still owes the bank his car. I personally never looked for a job in this industry despite the good salaries, because I wouldn't like to work at oil wells. I would miss living in the city and wouldn't like to have a bunch of insects around me. Also, because most of the jobs related to my field are to work as occupational safety and hygiene inspectors. And, I don't like this position at all. Occupational safety and hygiene is the field of my degree that I like the least. Additionally, terrorist groups still have an active presence in the provinces where oil wells are located, such as Caqueta, Meta and Arauca. However, I'm very worried about the large number of jobs that will be lost. This year is going to be very tough for the economy. These kinds of things happen when a country heavily relies on the exportation of commodities. I hope there will never be a drop in the price of cocaine because it would be devasting (We should maintain our sense of humour during difficult times).

The Crisis of the Oil Industry

The drop in the price of oil has badly hit Colombia's economy, since it is the country's major export. For many years oil <em>(it wasn't wrong, but is better placed first)</em> has been the only source of jobs in several cities across/throughout Colombia for many years. Some years ago, everybody dreamt of getting a job in the oil industry, because this sector had the best paid jobs in the country. A friend just called me to tell me that his boss messaged him and wrote that his contract won't be renewed in May. He's very worrried because he bought a car six months ago and he still owes the bank his car.
I personally never looked for a job in this industry despite the good salaries, because I wouldn't like to work at an oil wells. I would miss living in the city and wouldn't like to have a bunch plague/swarm of insects around me. Also, because most of the Oil industry jobs related to my field are to work working as occupational safety and hygiene inspectors, and I don't like this position at all - occupational safety and hygiene is the field of my degree that I like the least. Additionally, terrorist groups still have an active presence in the provinces where oil wells are located - provinces such as Caqueta, Meta and Arauca.
However, I'm very worried about the large number of jobs that will be lost. This year is going to be very tough for the economy. These kinds of things happen when a country heavily relies on the exportation of specific commodities. I hope there will never be a drop in the price of cocaine because it that would be devasting (Irony! We should maintain our sense of humour during difficult times).

The Crisis of the Oil Industry

The drop in the price of oil has badly hit Colombia's economy, since it is the country's major export. For many years oil has been the only source of employment in several cities across Colombia. for many years. Some years ago, everybody dreamt of getting a job in the oil industry, because this sector had the best paid jobs in the country. A friend just called me to tell me that his boss sent him a message to say that his contract won't be renewed in May. He's very worrried because he bought a car six months ago and he still owes the bank the money for it.
I personally never looked for a job in this industry despite the good salaries, because I wouldn't like to work at an oil well. I would miss living in the city and I wouldn't like to have a lot of insects around me. Also, because most of the jobs related to my field are to work as occupational safety and hygiene inspectors. And, I don't like this position at all. Occupational safety and hygiene is the field of my degree that I like the least. Additionally, terrorist groups still have an active presence in the provinces where the oil wells are located, such as Caqueta, Meta and Arauca.
However, I'm very worried about the large number of jobs that will be lost. This year is going to be very tough for the economy. These kinds of things happen when a country heavily relies on the exportation of commodities. I hope there will never be a drop in the price of cocaine because it would be devasting (We should maintain our sense of humour during difficult times).

Excellent. I like the touch of comedy that you added at the end.