Kailin
My First Dish I cooked my first dish at home the other day. It was a fried Chinese cabbage. To be more exact, it wasn't my first dish - I was able to cook as a kid, but unfortunately forgot the skills after long years of non-practice. My father is a chef at home - he cooks very well. He coached me to cook this fried cabbage. First put the oil in and wait until it is heated up; Second, put cabbage in and stir until it begins to wilt; Third, put a spoon of salt and continue to stir; Fourth, put half a spoon of gourmet powder and a little wine to add more flavour, stir for a little while, and then the fried cabbage is done! Very simple, isn't it? My father complimented that I had a good cooking gesture inherited from him. He took pride in his cooking skills. I found that I needed to exercise my arms both for holding the cooking pot and the stir-fry motions.

<em>This is perfect really. Nice style, good use of imperatives in recipe. </em>

<em>So no real corrections. But here are some alternative/improvement suggestions.</em>

My First Dish

I cooked my first dish at home the other day. It was a fried Chinese cabbage. To be more exact, it wasn't my first dish - I was able to cook as a kid, but unfortunately forgot the skills after long1* years of non-practice.

My father is a2* chef at home - he cooks very well. He coached me to cook this fried cabbage.

First put the oil in and wait until it is heated up3*; Second, put cabbage in and stir until it begins to wilt4*; Third, put a spoon of salt and continue to stir; Fourth, put half a spoon of gourmet powder and a little wine to add more flavour, stir for a little while, and then the fried cabbage is done!

Very simple, isn't it?

My father complimented that I had a good cooking gesture inherited from him. He took pride in his cooking skills. I found that I needed to exercise my arms both for holding the cooking pot and the stir-fry motions.

1* I would have said 'a lot of years' or ' a long time' here. I would use 'long years' to indicate having to wait.

2* the chef at home. 'A chef' is his profession.

3* Not sure why I wouldn't use passive here- the oil heats up -or- until the oil is hot.

4* wilt sounds more like 'die'. I would have said 'soften'.

<em>I love cabbage, sounds great.</em>