Amy
How do we celebrate Chinese New Year? It the 15th days during CNY, today is Lantern Festive, but I am going to talk about CNY, haha.. We usually celebrate CNY with family. We get together and have family reunion dinner, it's always delicious, haha.. And usually, if you were under 20 years old(it depends), you will get new year money(luck money) from your parents(It's an old traditional custom from old story). The children are the happiest during CNY. After dinner, we set off fireworks(In cities, it is forbiddened. ). At that night, it's hard to fall asleep before midnight, because you will hearing "boom boom boom " continuously outside. And then we watching TV(most of us are watching Spring Festival Gala, haha) and chatting together. I spent my whole CNY holiday with my family, and visited our relatives. Although, I am not longer a child, a teenager, I still like CNY. The more I grew up, the more I realize that it is really happy that you have a home to come back, especially after you work far away from home all over the year. I hope there are more holidays like CNY holiday, to enjoy family time and to relax after a long-term work.
By the way,why the age of getting luck money is 20? I am not sure about it.
Haha Dek, angpao is just like Fukienese, right?
Wooow interesting Ce. I want to get luck money too ahahahaha. In Indonesia, we call this angpao. :)