idmm1
An essay Briefing note for the Head of Unit:Directorate-General (DG) for Employment."European Ideas related to unemployment in Transyldavia" 1.INTRODUCTION It is the Member State (MS) from European Union (EU) with the highest proportions of ageing workers but also it has a lot of problems related to the employment. Transyldavia has an unemployment rate around 18% per year. And long-term unemployed people are around 45% ("Eye on the News", regional newspaper). Without forgetting than youth unemployment has been growing 21.4% per year from February 201X-1 ("European Association of Indignados", non-profit association). The goverment of Transyldavia has asking help to the Commission about Mattyl, a private company in Transyldavia which gives work at 1000 people in the region (Krystyn Timur, Represantive of Regional government of Transyldavia).This company is about to bankruptcy. By the other hand, Transyldavia, as a MS, has contributed with money at European Global Support Fund (EGSF) for years. But the most important thing is the fact that there are a lot of people in Transyldavia living into poverty, included worker people.Youth people has began to take part in disturbances for this situation.And there is a certain risk of Transyldavia could leave the EU if nobody helps them. 2.MAIN ISSUES RELATED TO UNEMPLOYMENT IN TRANSYLDAVIA Two main issues are the most important: 2.1.- Differences between educational programmes and industrial needs are made that young people are mayority unemployment ("Europe today",newspaper). 2.2.- Part-time employment destroyed older workers and replace them with cheaper younger ones ("Eye on the news" and "Europe today", newspapers).