Juan
A tradional Asturian recipe. "Cachopo" this is the name of a typical Asturian recipe which has become quite famous around Spain in the last year. Despite the fact "cachopo" has been eaten in Asturias for a very long time, it wasn't a well-known dish on other Spanish regions. The main motive of its success is its extremely simpleness, everyone even a newbie may be able to cook a "cachopo". The typical "cachopo" consists on a thin beef steak, a slice of cheese and a slice of Spanish ham. Then, this mix is breaded and fried. That's all, you don't need to know any high-profile cooking technic in order to enjoy this delicious meal. Lately, annually competitions to choose the best "cachopo" of Spain have been held. In this competitions, professional cooks creates new versions of this traditional dish using different ingredients such as dried meat, goat cheese or simply adding new ingredients such as pepper or asparagus. I have tasted some of this versions and most of them are as delicious as the original recipe. If I were you, I would try to have it at least once, you won't regret! My advise is to drink Asturian cider while you are enjoying a cachopo but it will be more difficult to find it abroad. You also have to bear in mind a typical cachopo size when you order it in a bar. As people have always said, a picture is worth a thousand words.

A traditional Asturian recipe.

"Cachopo" this is the name of a typical Asturian recipe which has become quite famous around Spain in the last year. Despite the fact that "cachopo" has been eaten in Asturias for a very long time, it wasn't a well-known dish on in other Spanish regions. The main motive of reason for its success is its extremely simpleness simplicity, so everyone even a newbie may be able to cook a "cachopo". The typical "cachopo" consists on of a thin beef steak, a slice of cheese and a slice of Spanish ham. Then, this mix is breaded and fried. That's all, you don't need to know any high-profile cooking technique in order to enjoy (to prepare?) this delicious meal.

Lately, annually competitions to choose the best "cachopo" of Spain have been held. In this these competitions, professional cooks creates new versions of this traditional dish using different ingredients such as dried meat, goat cheese or simply adding new ingredients such as pepper or asparagus. I have tasted some of this these versions and most of them are as delicious as the original recipe.

If I were you, I would try to have it at least once, you won't regret it! My advice is to drink Asturian cider while you are enjoying a cachopo but it will be more difficult to find it abroad. You also have to bear in mind a typical cachopo size when you order it in a bar. As people have always said, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sounds tasty! I should try to make it.

My corrections are in red and my suggestions to sound more natural are in blue/grey.

Advice (with a "c") is a noun (como un consejo).

Advise (with an "s") is a verb (aconsejar).

For example:

My advice is to drink Asturian cider.

I advise you to drink Asturian cider