Yiheng
About Politics I found a fascinating article about China while reading the Economist last week. The author, from a foreigner’s observation, made comments about how China handled the relationship with the neighboring peoples while developing its economy at a high speed. It turned out that the situation was not so promising. China was obviously, according to the author, making enemies by bullying surrounded countries to achieve its goals. I’m not sure whether he was right since as a Chinese, i don’t feel the government behaved aggressive but merely maximized our own benefits. However, the fact is we do have continuous conflicts with nearly half of our neighbors, it means the Chinese government is partly responsible for the problem. China was once the most prosperous nation throughout the world, at least before the opium war in 1840. I guess the authorities are probably not fully aware that China was admired by its neighbors as well as other countries far away from it not only because its economic or military power dwarfed that of most countries at that time but largely because its civilization was attractive enough to make China be a model or a leader in the ancient world. China is supposed to keep enhancing ourselves on cultural and ritual stuff rather than spend all the time improving the relations with others, for it’s impossible to meet everyone’s requirement and get along well with all different peoples. Compared with forcing others to compromise, we’d better be strong and influential enough to kick provocations out and solve international problems on a relatively fair level. So why doesn’t the government take care of the Chinese people as well as possible and try to gain respect and influence it craves form the rest of the world through the spread of its soft power and its will to give more rights and power to its own people? You want to be a great power as the US, so learn from it.
1

About Politics

I found a fascinating article about China while reading the Economist last week. The author, from a foreigner’s observation, made comments about how China handled the relationship with the neighboring peoples while developing its economy at a high speed. It turned out that the situation was not so promising. China was obviously, according to the author, making enemies by bullying surrounded surrounding countries to achieve its goals. I’m not sure whether he was right since as a Chinese, i don’t feel the government behaved aggressive, but merely maximized our own benefits. However, the fact is we do have continuous conflicts with nearly half of our neighbors, it means meaning the Chinese government is partly responsible for the problem.

China was once the most prosperous nation throughout in the world, at least before the opium war in 1840. I guess the authorities are probably not fully aware that China was admired by its neighbors, as well as other countries far away from it, not only because its economic or military power dwarfed that of most countries at that time, but largely because its civilization was attractive enough to make China be a model or a leader in the ancient world. China is supposed to keep enhancing ourselves itself on cultural and ritual stuff affairs rather than spend all the its time improving the relations with others--for it’s impossible to meet everyone’s requirement and get along well with all different peoples. Compared with Instead of forcing others to compromise, we’d better be strong and influential enough to kick provocations disputes/disagreements out and solve international problems on a relatively fair level.

So why doesn’t the government take care of the Chinese people as well as is possible and try to gain the respect and influence it craves form the rest of the world through the spread of its soft reasonable power and its will to give more rights and power to its own people? You want to be agreat power as the US, so learn from it.

Really nice job! I enjoyed reading your essay. :) -Amy

About Politics

I found a fascinating article about China while reading the Economist last week. The author, from a foreigner’s observation, made comments about how China handled the relationship with the neighboring peoples while developing its economy at a high speed. It turned out that the situation was not so promising. China was obviously, according to the author, making enemies by bullying surrounded countries to achieve its goals. I’m not sure whether he was right since as a Chinese, I don’t feel the government behaved aggressive but merely maximized our own benefits. However, the fact is we do have continuous conflicts with nearly half of our neighbors, it means the Chinese government is partly responsible for the problem.

China was once the most prosperous nation throughout the world, at least before the opium war in 1840. I guess the authorities are probably not fully aware that China was admired by its neighbors as well as other countries far away from it not only because its economic or military power dwarfed that of most countries at that time but largely because its civilization was attractive enough to make China be a model or a leader in the ancient world. China is supposed to keep enhancing ourselves on cultural and ritual stuff rather than spend all the time improving the relations with others, for it’s impossible to meet everyone’s requirement and get along well with all different peoples. Compared with forcing others to compromise, we’d better be strong and influential enough to kick provocations out and solve international problems on a relatively fair level.

So why doesn’t the government take care of the Chinese people as well as possible and try to gain respect and influence it craves form the rest of the world through the spread of its soft power and its will to give more rights and power to its own people? You want to be a great power as the US, so learn from it.

Your proficiency in English is excellent!