Maksym
IELTS Essay It is widely known that the increasing world population has a great impact on our nature. There are a number of reasons for that, however, I believe it is quite possible to improve the situation if certain measures will be taken. Admittedly, cars’ emissions is one of the greatest problem in XXI century. Each year there are 300 000 more vehicles on the roads which lead to the enormous amount of CO2 emissions thereby leading to smog over cities, greenhouse effect and even global warming. Another major problem for us is an overreliance on fossil fuels like oil and gas. On the other hand it is an effective and cheap energy source, but on the other hand, during the extraction of them, environment is being seriously damaged. For example, when the shale gas is being made, the soil is spoiled and it can’t be used for farming purposes nor building. Moreover, the extracting of these types of fuel often require cutting down rainforest, which leads to the extinction of many species of animals and plants. Therefore, the solution is ought to be found. First of all, the government should campaign for new types of energy sources. Although the most part of people thinks it is impossible to produce electricity without coal, the scientists from Tokyo have found an extraordinary solution. They propose to generate electricity by using nuclear fusion reactor, which creates a vast amount of energy from the very cheap, safe and environmental friendly fuel. In addition, the garbage recycling campaign should be introduced. This will save millions of square kilometers of forest. Such campaigns have been already introduced in several countries and they seem to work even better than expected. Lastly, to decrease the amount of emissions government could encourage buyers by reducing taxes and fees. However everyone is obliged to take care of our planet. Therefore try not to use car on daily basis if there is an option of public transport. You will avoid traffic jams and will be able to read a newspaper on your way to job. You can also try bicycle, it will improve you well being as well as the atmosphere in your city. To sum up, I believe government must campaign for modern energy sources, however It is crucial for everyone to act reasonably in order to save nature. (I thought it will be shorter. I guess if I had 250-300 words my band will be higher?) (Please estimate my IELTS score.)
I did this one in 45-50 minutes. I was aiming for 250-280. I've written so much words accidentally. Thank you for your comment.
Remember you have only about 40 minutes ... did you time yourself? Need to rein-in the urge to write more and keep an eye on the clock; wrote 35 minutes, check 5 minutes - similar but shorter time for the Part I question. I Suggest writing part II first.