April Carolina
The Gift of the Magi by O´Henry (Book) Moral Lesson: The lesson of this story concerns the true meaning of love and its value. In the story Jim and Della are a young married couple who are, by all appearances, very poor. When Christmas comes, both give up something that is meaningful in order to bring joy to the other. Because they do this out of love, what each one really gives the other is the greatest gift, the gift of love. In possessing, the other thing that matters most, Jim and Della are very rich indeed.
2

The Gift of the Magi by O´Henry (Book)

Moral Lesson:

<em>This is a copied article, not one you wrote yourself.  You should attribute it.</em>

http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-moral-lesson-story-gift-magi-63917

The lesson of this story concerns the true meaning of love and its value. In the story Jim and Della are a young married couple who are, by all appearances, very poor. When Christmas comes, both give up something that is meaningful in order to bring joy to the other. Because they do this out of love, what each one really gives the other is the greatest gift, the gift of love. In possessing, the other one thing that matters most, Jim and Della are very rich indeed.

The Gift of the Magi by O´Henry (Book)

Moral Lesson:

The lesson of this story is about* the true meaning of love and its value. In the story, Jim and Della are a young married couple who are, by all appearances, very poor. When Christmas comes, both give up something that is meaningful in order to bring joy to the other. Because they do this out of love, what they really gives the eachother is the greatest gift, the gift of love. In possessing, the other thing that matters most to the other, Jim and Della are very rich, indeed.

*saying "is about" is better than saying "concerns" because saying "is about" is what a native English speaker would do. It is not wrong to use the word "concerns" instead, but it's unnecessary.