Yohei
This is my first notebook entry... Where do I start? Okay, so this is my first post on italki and I don't know where I should start... I guess I'm going to introduce myself. I'm Yohei, from Japan, 23 years old. I'm currently in the US as a college student to study English. Although I'm in the US, I would like to talk to anyone who speaks or wants to learn Japanese from all over the world. For me, I think it's very important to understand many variety of English accents. Although I'm a college student in the US, I don't know if my English skills are good enough, especially speaking and listening, because whenever I read books, there's not so many trouble with understanding but when it comes to speaking/listening, my brain's just about to explode. I mean, words won't come out from my mouth because I don't know how to speak English (I hope you would understand how I feel if you are also a learner of new language) and don't really hear what they are saying. If they talk to me somewhat slowly, then, yeah, it's much better for me to understand. So, I really, REALLY want to improve my conversation skills such as learning conversational phrases, my pronunciation, and being socially awkward. So if there's anyone who'd like to help my English, I'd appreciate a lot. Of course, I'd like to help anyone who wants to learn Japanese! I'm not a qualified teacher or something, but I'm Japanese and I do speak Japanese native level. So if you want to be conversationally fluent in Japanese, I'm here. Anyway, I think this is my current thoughts on my English. I guess I'm going to introduce my hobby and stuff. I love indoor activities such as playing games, listening to music, reading books/manga, fashion, watch TV shows/anime on Hulu or Netflix, oh and actually I like weight training, too (I'm still pretty skinny, though, just like to work out!) I love Persona3/4, Final Fantasy 5, 7, 9, iPhone apps (coz I don't have consoles that needs TV and I don't have TV), Minecraft which is currently my favourite. I love Visual-kei music! There are to many to name, though. Just ask me what is my favourite bands are. :) I love various kinds of books/manga, but not a big fun of romance. I love to watch anime on my laptop, too. And TV shows. Currently I'm following The Walking Dead (just started watching from season 1 on Netflix, though) Well, I guess that's it for now. Thank you for reading my post. Have a good day!
1

This is my first notebook entry... Where do I start?

Okay, so this is my first post on italki and I don't know where I should start... I guess I'm going to introduce myself.
I'm Yohei, from Japan, 23 years old. I'm currently in the US as a college student to study English. Although I'm in the US, I would like to talk to anyone who speaks or wants to learn Japanese from all over the world. For me, I think it's very important to understand many a variety of English accents.
Although I'm a college student in the US, I don't know if my English skills are good enough, especially speaking and listening, because whenever I read books, there 's not so many trouble isn't much trouble with understanding, but when it comes to speaking/listening, my brain's just about to explode. I mean, words won't come out from of my mouth because I don't know how to speak English (I hope you would understand how I feel if you are also a learner of new language) and don't/can't really hear what they people are saying. If they talk to me somewhat slowly, then, yeah, it's much better/easier for me to understand. So, I really, REALLY want to improve my conversational skills such as by learning conversational phrases, improving my pronunciation, and being <em>less</em> socially awkward. So if there's anyone who'd like to help my English, I'd appreciate it a lot. Of course, I'd like to help anyone who wants to learn Japanese! I'm not a qualified teacher or something, but I'm Japanese and I do speak Japanese <em>native level/fluently</em>. So if you want to be conversationally fluent in Japanese, I'm here. Anyway, I think this is my current thoughts on my English. I guess I'm going to introduce my hobbies and stuff.

I love indoor activities such as playing games, listening to music, reading books/manga, following fashion, watching TV shows/anime on Hulu or Netflix. oh and actually I like weight training, too (I'm still pretty skinny, though, just like to work out!)
I love Persona3/4, Final Fantasy 5, 7, 9, iPhone apps (coz I don't have consoles that needs which require a TV and I don't have a TV), and Minecraft, which is currently my favourite.
I love Visual-kei music! There are to many to name , though. so just ask me what is my favourite bands are. :)
I love various kinds of books/manga, but I'm not a big fun fan of romance.
I love <em>to watch/watching</em> anime on my laptop and TV shows, too.
Currently I'm following The Walking Dead (just started watching from season 1 on Netflix, though)

Well, I guess that's it for now. Thank you for reading my post. Have a good day!

You write as if you are talking. If you can speak like this, then no one would have troubles understanding you. Great job! 

Where are you staying in the US? 

If you would like verbal practice, I would suggest Skype. I am looking to improve my Japanese so, if you want, you can add me if you want some practice: pascale_r.italki