Jenny Lee
I don't know! Learning new language is very mind boggling!!! Sometimes I think if I am a native English speaker, is it good? I feel some pressures from our society to study English since I was an elementary school student. It seems that every Korean is mad to speak English. From babies and to adults many koreans spend their time and money to study it. And someone desperately try to make results that believe it to prove their "English" abilities through the TOEIC score or other English tests. I already followed this stream like others and got a good TOEIC score. But it is just score rather than the real abilities. OTL... How difficult it is... ㅠㅠ

Sometimes I think if I WAS a native English speaker, WOULD it BE good?

I feel some pressure from our society to study English, EVER since I was an elementary school student.

It seems that every Korean is mad ABOUT SPEAKING English.

From babies and to adults many koreans spend their time and money to study it.

And some desperately try to make results that believe it to prove their "English" abilities through the TOEIC score or other English tests.

I already followed this stream like others and got a good TOEIC score.

But it is just score rather than ACCESSING real abilities.

OTL... How difficult it is... ㅠㅠ

NOTES:
CAPITALS = CORRECTIONS

I agree with you. I don’t like language exams, because it’s all about just remembering what you studied, not what you used. That’s why I didn’t want to study a language at university. I had to take Japanese for 1 semester and got really good scores, but I can’t remember a thing about Japanese and never used it once after leaving the class.