Yiheng
About hometown An American guy was talking about his hometown when we chatted online. He: “The stars are up here.” Me: “Haven’t seen stars for years here.” He: “It snowed so much lately and it’s not good for driving.” Me: “It’s like a festival when it snows here, and i’ve been wearing very few clothes in the last winter.” He: “……” It may not be weird that a southern city rarely sees heavy snow and chilling winter, but it was not like this when i was little. I still remember the first time i saw snowflakes flying over, as soft angels kissing the earth, i rushed out and stood in the silence of a brave new world. I still remember all sorts of blues painting the sky all days and all nights, never realized how shining and precious stars were until they vanished somehow. The truth is, i’ve just experienced the shortest and warmest winter i’ve ever had, during which there was no snow, no ice, no sign of this beautiful season. My foreign friend wondered if the country would offer a better life, but it’s another sad story that the countryside is no longer a wonderland as people imagined. Clear sky and dazzling trees and crops stay in mind, but visible haze and muddy rivers flowing across factories and dumps stay in reality. There is no wonderland here, not in my hometown, not in most part of my home country. I don’t even feel furious or anxious about what i’m living in, merely weak and sackless. I’m convinced that if one is not able to or not willing to change sth, don't grumble it. But who will actually care about what we are supposed to care about?

About hometown

An American guy was talking about his hometown when we chatted online.
He: “There are stars are up here.”
Me: “I haven’t seen stars for years here.”
He: “It snowed so much lately that it’s not good for driving.”
Me: “It’s like a festival when it snows here, and i’ve been wearing very few clothes in the last winter.”
He: “……”

It may not be weird that a southern city rarely sees heavy snow and chilling winter, but it was not like this when i was little. I still remember the first time i saw snowflakes flying over, as soft angels kissing the earth, i rushed out and stood in the silence of a brave new world. I still remember all sorts of blues painting the sky all days and all nights, and I never realized how shining and precious stars were until they vanished somehow. The truth is, i’ve just experienced the shortest and warmest winter i’ve ever had, during which there was no snow, no ice, no sign of this beautiful season - winter.

My foreign friend wondered if the countryside would offer a better life. But it’s another sad story that the countryside is no longer a wonderland as people imagined. Clear sky and dazzling trees and crops stay in mind, but visible haze and muddy rivers flowing across factories and dumps are the reality. There is no wonderland here, not in my hometown, and not in most parts of my home country.

I don’t even feel furious or anxious about what i’m living in, ... merely weak and sackless. I’m convinced that if one is not able to or not willing to change sth, don't grumble it. But who will actually care about what we are supposed to care about?

I like your article..
I have never seen snow in my life.