Valentina
Making progress I was wondering if there could be any improvement in my spoken English after only three classes taken with native speakers. Yes, the answer is definitely yes. It helps a lot when you know the person you're talking to won't understand anything said in your native language and you're forced to speak English. Even if you don't know how to explain what you'd like to explain, you're forced to find a way if you want to be understood. In case you succeed to explain it, it also helps you to make sure you're able to say whatever you'd like, although not with the words you intended at first. Having a larger passive vocabulary than an active one is sometimes really frustrating. It helped me to realize of few more issues I have and I should improve. I surely should stop shortening sentences in fear of making mistakes. I do that even if I'm aware that shortened sentence is not grammatically correct. I believe the strange logic behind it is: the less you say, the least possibility to make a mistake you have. If I'll raise a conscious awareness of this, together with finding the effective way to improve my vocabulary I'll be very happy with the progress.

Making progress

I was wondering if there could be any improvement in my spoken English after only three classes taken with native speakers. Yes, the answer is definitely yes. It helps a lot when you know the person you're talking to won't understand anything you said in your native language and you're forced to speak English. Even if you don't know how to explain what you'd like to explain, you're forced to find a way if you want to be understood. In case you succeed in explaining it, it also helps you to make sure you're able to say whatever you'd like, although not with the words you intended at first.
Having a larger passive vocabulary than an active one is sometimes really frustrating.

It helped me to realize a few more issues I have and I should improve. I surely should stop shortening sentences in fear of making mistakes. I do that even if I'm aware that a shortened sentence is not grammatically correct. I believe the strange logic behind it is: the less you say, the less possible it is to make a mistake.

If I'm aware of this, together with finding an effective way to improve my vocabulary I'll be very happy with the progress.