Sean Pei
confusion of middle age I am 35 years old. This is a certain age when people will call you a middle age guy. You can't excuse yourself with something like "sorry-I-am-still-young-give-me-more-time-I-will-get-it" from then on. no more! your parents who used to spoil you ,your wife who used be a hot girl, you friends who used to hang over with you, they just stopped to accept this kind of excuse. they become serious to you, and they expect you become serious too. they think you are old enough to know all the rules in a so-called grow-up world and tell you to become tough to fight for yourself and your family! Gradually you keep telling yourself :"yes, they are right ! you don't have this kind of luxury to stay in naive. Grow up ! Compete with this world and try to be a winner!!" But in my deep heart , the grow-up world scare me! I don't think I am too much different with that 20 years old me! I always feel awkward when I deal with those guys who act like a real mature. I have to re-act like a matured person to avoid being labeled as naive and untrustable. and that was exhausting. so right now I just like a Russian Doll, a middle age guy with a little boy inside. I don't know if it is only me or other people are pretending really well. I remember there is a line in a the "money ball" which said sooner or later you will realised you can not fool around yourself anymore , someone was in their 17, someone was in 70, but it will come anyway, so I guess maybe I am still waiting my day to come. and I am not sure if I want it to come sooner or later.

confusion of middle age

I am 35 years old. This is a certain age when people will call you a middle age guy. You can't excuse yourself with something like "sorry-I-am-still-young-give-me-more-time-I-will-get-it" from then on. no more! your parents who used to spoil you ,your wife who used be a hot girl, you friends who used to hang over with you, they just stopped acceptting this kind of excuse. they become serious to you, and they expect you become serious too. they think you are old enough to know all the rules in a so-called grow-up world and tell you to become tough to fight for yourself and your family! Gradually you keep telling yourself :"yes, they are right ! you don't have this kind of luxury to stay in naive. Grow up ! Compete with this world and try to be a winner!!"
But in my deep heart , the grow-up world scare me! I don't think I am too much different with that 20 years old me! I always feel awkward when I deal with those guys who act like a real mature. I have to re-act like a matured person to avoid being labeled as naive and untrustable. and that was exhausting. so right now I just like a Russian Doll, a middle age guy with a little boy inside.
I don't know if it is only me or other people are pretending really well. I remember there is a line in a the "money ball" which said sooner or later you will realised you can not fool around yourself anymore , someone was in their 17, someone was in 70, but it will come anyway, so I guess maybe I am still waiting my day to come. and I am not sure if I want it to come sooner or later.

It`s a good written post, I like it. Maybe just because I have the same thoughts about not becoming adult and not to do things which required to do in my age.
@Eva: it would be a great news for me if what you said is true, I always afraid I 'm the only one who are stuck in naive while others have became serious and tough when they grow up. :)
Everyone is naive inside with a serious face outside .

confusion of middle age

I am 35 years old. This is a certain age when people will call you a middle age guy. You can't excuse yourself with something like "sorry-I-am-still-young-give-me-more-time-I-will-get-it" from then on. no more! your parents who used to spoil you ,your wife who used be a hot girl, you friends who used to hang over with you, they just stopped to accept this kind of excuse. they become serious to you, and they expect you become serious too. they think you are old enough to know all the rules in a so-called grow-up world and tell you to become tough to fight for yourself and your family! Gradually you keep telling yourself :"yes, they are right ! you don't have this kind of luxury to stay in naive. Grow up ! Compete with this world and try to be a winner!!"
But in my deep heart , the grow-up world scare me! I don't think I am too much different from that 20 years old me! I always feel awkward when I deal with those guys who act like a real mature. I have to re-act like a matured person to avoid being labeled as naive and untrustable. and that was exhausting. so right now I just like a Russian Doll, a middle age guy with a little boy inside.