Natalia
Translating to English 6 Ex. 1 Insert prepositions or adverbs where necessary. Mr. Brown is a British businessman. He works IN a firm. Yesterday Mr. Brown woke UP AT seven o'clock. He got UP and did his physical exercises. AFTER that he went TO the bathroom. He washed, brushed his teeth and shaved. Then he went TO the sitting-room. It was half PAST seven. His wife brought him his breakfast. AFTER breakfast Mr. Brown looked THROUGH the "Financial Times". AT ten minutes TO eight he left FOR work. Mr. Brown drove TO his office. It took him an hour to get there. Mr. Brown said "good morning" to his colleagues. He had a lot of things to do. He dictated letters TO his secretary, looked THROUGH the letters and telegrams, made phone calls and received visitors. AT half past four Mr. Brown finished work and drove home. He got home AT half past five. His wife and children were AT home. He had dinner WITH his family. AFTER dinner he played chess WITH his son. At ten o'clock he listened TO the latest news. Then he had a shower and went TO bed. Ex. 2 Insert articles or possessive pronouns wherever necessary. 1. I have A lot of things to do today. 2. OUR classes started at 8.30. 3. We usually listen to THE latest news in THE morning. 4.- Is Mr. Green receiving visitors now? - No, he isn't. He's making phone calls. (These two sentences are without articles, aren't they? ) 5. He's doing HIS physical exercises. 6. - Is your sister A teacher of English? Does she teach English at THE school or at THE college? - At THE college. 7. Many happy returns of THE day! 8. You bought A present for your daughter, didn't you? 9. - When do you usually listen to THE latest news? - In THE morning. 10. Does he drive to THE office in HIS car every day? 11. Peter said "goodbye" to HIS friends and left FOR home. 12. When does YOUR French class start? 13. If she has HER (or A?) class in THE afternoon she goes to THE college by bus. 14. Please, wash YOUR hands and face and brush YOUR teeth. 15. He was very tired and went TO (without article) bed at half past nine yesterday. 16. My friend is A student at St. Petersburg University.
1

Translating to English 6

Ex. 1 Insert prepositions or adverbs where necessary.

All are correct.

Ex. 2 Insert articles or possessive pronouns wherever necessary. 

All are correct.  However, I just want to add something that I think you already know:  sometimes there are variants which also would be correct, depending on the context.  Example:

4.- Is Mr. Green receiving visitors now? 

- No, he isn't. He's making phone calls.

Suppose that certain visitors have already been mentioned, and that it has also has been mentioned that Mr. Green has to make some important phone calls.  Then we might hear something like this:

A:  Some visitors from China arrived this morning to meet with Mr. Green. Mr. Green also needs to make some important phone calls.

B:  Is Mr. Green receiving <em>the</em> visitors now?    [This is because we have specific visitors in mind: the ones from China.

A:  No, he isn't.  He's making <em>the</em> phone calls.  [This is because we have specific phone calls in mind: the "important" ones already mentioned.]

Some of the other sentences have correct variants as well; again, depending on the broader context.