Misa
3/29/2015 Solar eclipse The total solar eclipse was on March 20, 2015 when the sun was completely obscured by the moon. People in UK and Northern Europe had the chance to watch this rare phenomenon. On the other side of the earth, I also watched this spectacular view from a video that posted on internet. From the video, before the eclipse took place, I could see it was actually a sunny day when the sun was shining brightly. At first, I could see the moon was inching toward the sun. Slowly, the moon covered the sun. Before the moon fully blocked the sun, there were some sparkles of light seen at the edge of the moon, this is called “Baily’s beads”, and it is formed due to the rugged landscape of the moon allows the last ray of the sunlight to escape. It looked like a sparkling diamond ring, and is very beautiful. Just before the moon fully blocked the sun, I was also able to see some halo effects around the shadow of the moon. In just a minute, the land plunged into the darkness and this was the time when the moon fully blocked the sun.

Solar eclipse
The total solar eclipse was on March 20, 2015 when the sun was completely obscured by the moon. People in the UK and Northern Europe had the chance to watch this rare phenomenon.

On the other side of the earth, I also watched this spectacular view from a video that was posted on the Internet. From the video, before the eclipse took place, I could see it was actually a sunny day when the sun was shining brightly.

At first, I could see the moon was inching toward the sun. Slowly, the moon covered the sun. Before the moon fully blocked the sun, there were some sparkles of light seen at the edge of the moon, this is called “Baily’s beads”, and it is formed due to the rugged landscape of the moon allowing the last ray of the sunlight to escape. It looked like a sparkling diamond ring, and is very beautiful.

Just before the moon fully blocked the sun, I was also able to see some halo effects around the shadow of the moon.

In just one minute, the land plunged into the darkness and this was the time when the moon fully blocked the sun.