Sarah
My English My spoken English is not so good. I can tell from many situations. When I am about to express myself, sometimes I can't find the right words. Therefore, people may not understand what I am talking about. But I guess it's okay when I speak English slower. My writen English needs improving too. I can't help but keep using simple volcabulary and expressions. That might get me a lower socre on composition. Sometimes that bothers me. Is it because I haven't done enough writing practice? Recently, I feel it more and more important to focus on the language "output". I have read a lot of English materials, but it did not help. It's true that I can learn a lot of new words when I am reading those materials, but since I don't use them very often, I guess I will forget them sooner or later. So should I review them more frequently. This is my little review on my English studying. I hope every one has a good weekend :)
Thanks!:)
I'm a native speaker and I can tell you that you express yourself really well in English!! Well done :) The best way to learn new (and more complex) vocabulary is to listen to as much English as you can. If you have an MP3 player, download songs, videos and documentaries from YouTube, and then you can listen to them in your spare time. Over time this is a really effective way of learning new words and it will really help you to speak English more spontaneously. Good luck!!