Alice LI
big dumplings I took part in an Engilsh speaking course this afternoon.We talked about healthy food and unhealthy food.The teacher comes from America,he said that hamburger is unhealthy food and asked us which healthy food can replace it.I said dumpling,another girl want to say steam bun.She tried to describe it,said it's bigger than dumpling and round and white outside,with pork inside,balalabala,and asked the teacher how to say it in English.The teacher thought a moment and said "we usually call it big dumplings in America ".All people in the room laugh. That's a interesting experience.
Thank you for your explaination~~^_^ I got some new informations
Even some Costcos and Trader Joe's carry "Cha Siu Bao" or "Steamed Pork Buns" now. Americans do *not* call them "big dumplings" =/

big dumplings

I took part in an Engilsh speaking course this afternoon. We talked about healthy food and unhealthy food. The teacher comes from America,he said that hamburgers are unhealthy food and asked us which healthy food can replace it. I said dumplings, another girl wanted to say steam bun. She tried to describe it, she said it's bigger than a dumpling and round and white outside, with pork inside, balalabala, and asked the teacher how to say it in English. The teacher thought a moment and said "we usually call it big dumplings in America". All people in the room laughed. It was an interesting experience.

Wish you fluent English.
I want to improve my oral English. But I don't have money to take a teacher.