Sean Pei
Earth Hour Every last saturday in March, there was a famous movement called "earth hour", which requires you to turn off your non-essential in-door lights to save energy for the earth. It has become such an influential and fashionable movement that even in suzhou there are a lot of people were talking about it. some of them were actually doing it. but I didn't because I never liked this kind of idea. here is the reasons. First, I don't believe it will really save any energy for just turn off your light for merely one hour. I think it is useless. second, my friend argued with me that this kind of movement could awake average people to realise how serious our earth's pollution has become. but I don't like this kind of implication that you can resolve a huge complicated problem like save earth by such a simple way. It could be dangerous to simplify a question. the third, I also don't like the implication that to stop using modern technology is a effective way to save earth and good thing to human being.no ! no way ! technology is the most important key for human beings to survive in the future. I can't believer that go back to the primitive life will guarantee us a better tomorrow. so ,I turn the all lights on for one hour to celebrate this wonderful invention of Edison!