Ana - Spanish Tutor
My 18th birthday Here in Colombia the 18th birthday is always a special event in your life. Usually friends go out to drink and party all night celebrating you're finally an adult (You're legally an adult because mentally you're still an inmature teenager). Most of your friends want you to be drunk for the first time in your 18th birthday, but to be honest many Colombian young people start to drink when they're 14 or 15 years old during family celebrations or clandestinely with school friends. I'll be turning 18 years old in April the 15th and I'm sure my friends know that the only thing I'll be drinking that night is water or juice. I'm very concerned about my health so I rarely drink soda or alcohol, in fact I've never drunk a whole beer or glass of wine. I've tasted them and I find them disgusting. I've never smoked either. Some people think I'm boring because of it but the truth is I don't need any alcohol to have a good time. When I go to the parties I never sit down and have dinner, I'm always waiting for the music to dance. The funny thing is when I'm dancing I'm so happy that people think I'm drunk. My friends know I'm not drunk so they laugh hard at this statement. I absolutely love parties and dislike alcohol. I'm totally ok with my friends drinking (moderately) but I hate when someone tries to make me drink saying that I need to chill out. As I'm known for never drinking alcohol there are even more people interested in giving me alcohol because they think I'll be starring a ridiculous episode if I ever get drunk since I've never been drunk. Unfortunately for them I'm not a person who is easily persuaded to do something I don't want to. My 18th birthday is coming and I just want to donate blood and have a good time with my friends and family. I'll be sad because my grandfather won't be with me but I'm sure he's looking after me from Heaven. I hope for the best in my new year of life and I'm grateful for this 18 years I've been able to live with my loving family and amazing friends. I'm really lucky for being healthy and happy. Thanks in advance for commenting or/and correcting my entry, it helps me a lot. Have a nice day!
1

inmature should be immature. A very common error between Spanish and English as I know all too well!

I quit drinking and doing drugs when I was 16 years old. Soy abstemio desde hace 30 años y no me he arrepentido ni una vez. ¡Que tenga un cumpleaños muy feliz!