Valentina
A little bit of fiction The way I'm learning new vocabulary is apparently not effective. I forget almost every word in a week or sooner. So I decided to add one more approach to my regular learning habit, which is trying to use new words in my own sentences, hopefully correctly. I saw her in the distance and even from afar, her figure, the way she donned a hat on her head, the way she wore the red dress, indicated haughtiness. Usually I find hubris like this loathing, but this time something was different. The reason for that might be my long-term illness, which confined me in a house for weeks. She was the first person I saw after a long period of time. I quickly fixed my hair in a fretful manner. I just realized that wearing a brooch, rigged from items bought in a hardware store, wasn't very good idea. I knew she was here to confer with me about my recent blunder. Yes, I did tender our best worker's resignation. To my defence, I did summon a meeting before deciding, but all of my arguments were refuted harshly by him. He knew that one of our other workers is contending with him for his position and he panicked. Since then he couldn't get himself together and he just bumbled around the workplace visible anguished. Most importantly, his behaviour deprived our company for several highly lucrative contracts. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental :)

Wow!  I just want to say that you are an amazing writer if all of this is truly from your own mind, using your own words!  You taught me a new word and I'm fluent in English!  I have never heard the word hubris, but it is spelled and used correctly, it appears!  

The only real correction I would like to make is at the very end.  You should probably use "of" several contracts rather than "from".  

Awesome job!

A little bit of fiction

The way I'm learning new vocabulary is apparently not effective. I forget almost every word in a week or sooner. So I decided to add one more approach to my regular learning habit, which is trying to use new words in my own sentences, hopefully correctly.

I saw her in the distance and even from afar, her figure, the way she donned a hat on her head, the way she wore the red dress, indicated haughtiness. Usually I find hubris like this loathing, but this time something was different. The reason for that might be my long-term illness, which confined me in a house for weeks.
She was the first person I saw after a long period of time.

I quickly fixed my hair in a fretful manner. I just realized that wearing a brooch, rigged from items bought in a hardware store, wasn't very good idea.

I knew she was here to confer with me about my recent blunder. Yes, I did tender our best worker's resignation.
To my defence, I did summon a meeting before deciding, but all of my arguments were refuted harshly by him.
He knew that one of our other workers is contending with him for his position and he panicked. Since then he couldn't get himself together and he just bumbled around the workplace visible anguished.
Most importantly, his behaviour deprived our company for several highly lucrative contracts.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental :)

A little bit of fiction

I saw her in the distance and* even from afar, her figure, the way she donned a hat on her head, the way she wore the red dress, indicated haughtiness. Usually I find hubris like this loathing*, but this time something was different. The reason for that might be my long-term illness, which *confined me in *a house for weeks.
She was the first person I *saw after* a long period of time.

I quickly fixed my hair in a fretful manner. I just* realized that wearing a brooch, rigged from items bought in a hardware store, wasn't *very good idea.

To* my defence, I did summon a meeting before deciding, but all of my arguments were refuted harshly by him.
He knew that one of our other workers *is contending with him for his position and he panicked. Since then he *couldn't get himself together and he *just bumbled around the workplace visible* anguished.
Most importantly, his behaviour deprived our company *for several highly lucrative contracts.

I saw her in the distance and, even from afar, . .
loathsome, or perhaps 'distasteful' 'repellant', 'detestable'
'which confined me in a house' : which had confined me to the house; which had confined me to stay indoors
'I saw after a long period of time' :I had seen for a long (period of) time
'I just realized . . ' : I (suddenly) realised . .
'wasn't very good idea' : wasn't a very good idea
'To my defence' : In my defence
'is contending with him' : was contending with him
'he couldn't get himself together' : he has not been able to get himself together
'he just bumbled around' : he has just bumbled around
'visible' : visibly
'his behaviour deprived' : his behaviour has deprived
'for several . . ' : of several . .

Although I have made a number of corrections , it is a very good piece of writing.