Jasper
Earthquake It was a bright shiny morning. In a rural mountain village in Sichuan, western China, the sun was shining gloriously as the villagers were ploughing their fields, sweating profusely. Nearby, women were chatting about daily life with their children merrily playing around. The whole village formed a lovely picture of peace and harmony. Suddenly, the ground started to shake violently, making all the villagers jump with fright. Trees were shaken back and forth, then falling down one after another. Some stone-board houses could not withstand the powerful tremor also collapsed. Rocks and debris buried those who did not manage to escape. The yelling and whining of the injured villagers reverberated through the mountain. In the blink of an eye, the once peaceful village was turned into a flaming hell. With the scenes of the quake-stricken village broadcast around the world, the news of the devastating earthquake spread like a wildfire. Rescue teams were soon dispatched to the village, searching for survivors and treating injured villagers. Meanwhile, phone calls were pouring into disaster-relief organizations, such as Red Cross and Tzu Chi. People from around the world were eager to make donations to the disaster area in Sichuan. The villagers believed that with support from the rest of the world, they could rebuild their homes and life would soon return to normal.
Hi laogui32! It is my own writing :-)
Is this your own writing, or a piece that should have attribution?