Luca
Easter tradition in South East Italy Hi everybody. Today I'd like to share with you some traditions used in Easter time in South Italy. First things first, as you know, Italy is a catholic country and so Easter is a really important event. It should be considered most important than Xmas. The week before Easter is usally called Holy Week and the most part of events are tightly scheduled in three days: Holy Thurday, Holy Friday and Holiday Saturday. In these days, many common celebrations are hold in the country. From the north to the south there are several common celebration: "foot washing" on Thurday (commemorating the day when Jesus spent last day in the Earth and washed disciple's feet), Jesus Passion procession on Friday and so on. But, now I would like to describe more specific traditions used only in my homeland. For example, on friday, after Jesus Passion procession, we are used to go around in the town visiting several churchs and have a tomb adoration. In fact, in that day, the community is used to adorn altar with flowers and ornaments. So people is used to go there and stay few minutes praying. Another special moment is the Easter day breakfast: as you know, Italians are used to have breakfast with cookies and milk but in that day, we have a salad breakfast: we eat a dish called "scarcedda" which is an hard-boiled egg covered with a twisted bread crust. What are your main Easter traditions?

Easter tradition in South East Italy

Hi everybody. Today I'd like to share with you some Easter traditions used in Easter time in from South Italy. First things first, as you know, Italy is a catholic country, and so therefore Easter is a really important event. It should be considered most important than Xmas. The week before Easter is usally called Holy Week, and the most part of the events are tightly scheduled in three days: Holy Thursday, Holy Friday and Holiday Saturday. In these days, many common celebrations are hold in the country. From the north to the* south there are several common celebrations: "foot washing" on Thurday (commemorating the last day when Jesus spent last day in the on Earth and when he washed the disciple's feet), Jesus Passion procession on Friday, and so on. But now I would like to describe more specific traditions used only in my homeland. For example, on Friday, after Jesus Passion procession, we are used to usually** go around in the town visiting several churches and have having a tomb adoration. In fact, in that day, the community is used to usually** adorns the altar with flowers and ornaments. So people is are used to going there and stay spending a few minutes praying. Another special moment is the Easter day breakfast: as you know, Italians are used to having*** breakfast with cookies and milk but, in that day, we have a salad breakfast: we eat a dish called "scarcedda" which is an hard-boiled egg covered with a twisted bread crust.

What are your main Easter traditions?

*When you wish to refer to the whole country, it's more common to say: from north to south

**As you are describing a tradition, the word usually fits better than the expression "are used to"

***If you use "are used to", remember to use the verb in the '-ing' form afterwards.

<em>Very interesting text, very nice to read! And you did a good job on the writing :)</em>