Vlad
Story 1 (Part 2/2) It had been a long arduous day. Dusk was falling when I finally finished my work. I was deadly tired and hungry. I got my phone out to call Alex but the battery was flat, so I decided to return to the apartment, hoping he might not yet have left for the party. By the time I reached the house, it was well after dark, however, somehow I managed to find the building. The door was locked with the intercom box next to it. I pressed the apartment’s number and waited. After two rings a male voice answered. “Yes?” “Alex, is that you?” “Yes.” He said in puzzled tones. “It’s me, Vlad” “You’ve got the wrong number.” He said and hang up. I was pretty sure it was him and phoned him back. “Man, what the hell are you calling my house this time of the night?!” He said and cut the connection again. I was a bit confused at that point. Well, he had always had a twisted sense of humor. After a while, an old man, probably a neighbor, came to the door and unlocked it letting me inside. I ran up endless flights of stairs and eventually arrived at the door and knocked. Nobody answered. I knocked again; still nobody answered. The joke had gone too far and I felt too tired to continue, so I went back to the car and fell asleep. The next morning I was awaken by my car shaking violently. A gang of street sweepers, yelling and cursing at the top of their lungs, were trying to push the car away from the road to let their delivery trucks pass. But after a minute of vain attempts, they finally gave up. When they had gone I drove forward several meters, get out of the car and walked back to the entrance. I was just about to dial the number when I noticed something on the wall. Above the door was a large plaque with the number on it. It was 27. -- The task was to write a story beginning with the words “A funny thing happened to me when I was out with my friends...” Sorry, it is a bit long. I am not sure about the usage of some words, so I would appreciate it if you could correct me. Thank you :)

Story 1 (Part 2/2)

It had been a long arduous day. Dusk was falling when I finally finished my work. I was deadly tired and hungry. I got my phone out to call Alex but the battery was flat, so I decided to return to the apartment, hoping he hadn't yet left for the party.

By the time I reached the house, it was well after dark. However, I somehow managed to find the building. The door was locked with the intercom box next to it. I pressed the apartment’s number and waited.

After two rings a male voice answered. “Yes?”
“Alex, is that you?”
“Yes,” he said in puzzled tones.
“It’s me, Vlad.”
“You’ve got the wrong number,” he said and hung up.

I was pretty sure it was him and phoned him back. “Man, what the hell are you calling my house this time of the night?!” he said and cut the connection again.

I was a bit confused at that point. Well, he had always had a twisted sense of humor.

After a while, an old man, probably a neighbor, came to the door and unlocked it letting me inside. I ran up endless flights of stairs and eventually arrived at the door and knocked. Nobody answered. I knocked again; still nobody answered. The joke had gone too far and I felt too tired to continue, so I went back to the car and fell asleep.

The next morning I was awakened by my car shaking violently. A gang of street sweepers, yelling and cursing at the top of their lungs, were trying to push the car away from the road to let their delivery trucks pass. But after a minute of vain attempts, they finally gave up. When they had gone, I drove forward several meters, got out of the car and walked back to the entrance. I was just about to dial the number when I noticed something on the wall. Above the door was a large plaque with the number on it. 27.

--
The task was to write a story beginning with the words “A funny thing happened to me when I was out with my friends...” Sorry, it is a bit long. I am not sure about the usage of some words, so I would appreciate it if you could correct me. Thank you :)