Max
Should children choose a job that is similar to their parents'? Some people think that children should find a job very different from their parents' job. I however disagree with this contention and instead believe that there are several benefits for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents'. To begin with, if children want to do a job in the future that is related to their parents' job, their parents can prepare them for the job since they are in schools or universities. This is very helpful to children to develop relevant skills for their future jobs. My cousin Richard, whose father is a physics teacher, wanted to be a teacher like his father after graduation. His father gave lots of good advice when he studied in university. These valuable advice come from his father's teaching experience. Even though he did not have much real experience of teaching, his father's instruction has enabled him to be a qualified physics teacher. Second, children could learn a lot from their parents when their jobs are similar. Parents are always willing to share the best experiences and lessons with their children. For example, I have a friend John, who is an IT engineer, and his father's job is making computer hardware. Both of them are dealing with computers; one is good at software development and the other hardware. Since John was in university, he learned from his father about computer science and knowledge about hardware, and then he majored in software development. After graduation, his father and he set up their own company, and that makes them make a lot of money. Besides, John has become an expert in IT field. Last but not least, children and parents would have a better relationship when they have a common ground. By discussing problems and find solutions together, children and parents could be prefect partner in their work. In history of science, there are many research teams made up of parents and their children, such as Marie Curie and her daughter, Braggs and so on. They made great discoveries in physics and won Nobel price by working together. I conclude that, in some cases, children should choose a job that is different from their parents' because of their different disposition and preferences. However, I strongly believe that children doing a job that assembles their parents' would benefit them in lots of aspects as they can provide valuable advice, they can learn from each other and they can develop an intimate partnership.