Beverlyn
Surround yourself with English The human brain is good at learning languages but it has to be put into real-life situations in order to use its ability. In other words, you have to activate your language learning ability by giving your brain a clear and persistent signal that the English language is an important component of your environment — something that you have to learn in order to survive, or at least in order to be successful. When you surround yourself with English in your everyday life, you will make it appear to your brain that the English language is something real in your life and that it is vitally important to learn this language. You should then notice that you are unconsciously using learning faculties that have been awakened. Your English learning process should enter a new stage: rapid absorption of every piece of information about the ability to understand English messages, and this should not be especially tiring for you because you will be running on the natural ability to learn languages in real situations. The failure of many learners to learn a foreign language may often be attributed to their lack of motivation at the deep physiological and psychological level. When learning English is interpreted by your mind as a burdensome duty imposed on you by schools, parents, or ill-understood socio-economic arguments, then you will not find ready resources in your mind to be wasted on something so dubious. But if, on the other hand, your mind sees that learning English is a part of the reality that you live in and that it is a component having influence on your success, then surely you will find that after all you are well-equiped by nature to be a language learner. Here are a number of ideas for surrounding yourself with the English language: -- use English language version software -- watch English movies in the original language version -- get daily news in English into your mailbox -- if you read the Bible regularly, get an English version

Surround yourself with English

The human brain is good at learning languages but it has to be put into real-life situations in order to use its ability. In other words, you have to activate your language learning ability by giving your brain a clear and persistent signal that the English language is an important component of your environment — something that you have to learn in order to survive, or at least in order to be successful.

When you surround yourself with English in your everyday life, you will make it appear to your brain that the English language is something real in your life and that it is vitally important to learn this language. You should then notice that you are unconsciously using learning faculties that have been awakened. Your English learning process should enter a new stage: rapid absorption of every piece of information 1 about the ability to understand English messages, and this should not be especially tiring for you because you will be running on the natural ability to learn languages in real situations.

The failure of many learners students to learn a foreign language may3 is often be attributed to their lack of motivation at the 4 a deep physiological and psychological level. When learning English is interpreted by your mind as a burdensome duty imposed on you by schools, parents, or ill-5 poorlyunderstood socio-economic arguments, then you will not find ready resources in your mind to be 6 easily wasted on something so dubious. But if, on the other hand, your mind sees that learning English is a part of the reality that you live in and that it is a component having influence on your success, then surely you will find that after all you are well-equiped by nature to be a language learner.

Here are a number of ideas for surrounding yourself with the English language:

-- use English language versions of software  7
-- watch English movies in the original language version
-- get daily news in English into your mailbox
-- if you read the Bible regularly, get an English version

1. I can't quite understand this because of the word ability. People are absorbing information naturally, not ability.

2. better to mix words here than have the same verb twice

3. May often be - it is like a double doubt, you aren't convinced in what you are saying. Is often or may be attributed, both avoid pretding to be absolute fact.

4. There are many levels, using 'the' means there is only one deep level.

5. Ill-understood doesn't sound right to me. Ill- as a prefix suggests negative intent (ill advised, ill-gotten).

6. without the adverb, it suggests that the resources are not wasted. With adverb - it is difficult to waste the resources.

7. I think you mean 'where available'. If the nouns are all linked, there is no suggestion of choice.

A compelling piece! I hope it works for me!