carla ferrari
After more than 11 years living in the usa I am still learning english When I first came to america I spoke little english. I started taking private lessons and working at the same time. I am feeling comfortable with my english skills but I need to work in pronunciation and conversation. When I read out loud I know I make a lot of mistakes. How I learn the dialects or the words that everybody use in the street, I am not thinking about hip hop language, I am talking about understanding common lyrics that I listen on the radio... some songs(lyrics's songs) are easy to pick up but others no, I am missing a lot of words ...I use shazam and then can read the lyrics when I am not driving!

After more than 11 years living in the usa I am still learning english

When I first came to america I spoke little english. I started taking private lessons and working at the same time.
I am feeling comfortable with my english skills but I need to work on pronunciation and conversation.
When I read out loud I know I make a lot of mistakes.
How I learn the dialects or the words that everybody use in the street, I don't mean hip hop language, I am talking about understanding common lyrics that I listen to on the radio... some songs(lyrics) are easy to pick up but others are not, I am missing a lot of words ...I use shazam and then can read the lyrics when I am not driving!