Alena
To be mind-blowing, on the ball, to keep a lid on, to downsize 1) Have you seen John's exam results? His improvement is mind-blowing. 2) The latest research on chocolate consumtion was mind-blowing. 3) I didn't sleep well last night so I am not on the ball today. 4) Mary practised every day and she is now on the ball. 5) The boss showed me the latest report on productivity but I have to keep a lid on it until our meeting next month. 6) Nobody should know, will you keep a lid on it please? 7) The last year's results are very poor, do you think the company will have to downsize? 8) Since Peter and Julia have already their own families, I think it is the high time to downsize our flat.
1

Great use of expressions! And just one correction!

To be mind-blowing, on the ball, to keep a lid on, to downsize

1) Have you seen John's exam results? His improvement is mind-blowing.
2) The latest research on chocolate consumtion was mind-blowing.

3) I didn't sleep well last night so I am not on the ball today.
4) Mary practised every day and she is now on the ball.

5) The boss showed me the latest report on productivity but I have to keep a lid on it until our meeting next month.
6) Nobody should know, will you keep a lid on it please?

7) The last year's results are very poor, do you think the company will have to downsize?
8) Since Peter and Julia have already have their own families, I think it is the high time to downsize our flat.

Hi Michael, Thanks for spotting the typo! That is exactly why I am trying to learn these epressions, to sound more natural :) Thanks for your help!
"consumtion" should be "consumption". Plus, just in case you were wondering, we really do use these expressions.