Luca
How many ways to serve an italian coffee... Hi folks, I'm back here in order to talk about coffee. How many ways to serve coffe are used in your country? In Italy there are so many ways that I can't describe them all in this article, but I just wanna give you some clues. The most common way, and probably the most known abroad, is obviously the "Espresso": few drops of intense and concentrated coffee. When you get into an Italian bar and just ask for a "coffee" you'll get an espresso coffee. That's the most common way, now let me describe the others: "macchiato" (with a spot of hot milk), "macchiato freddo" (with a spot of cold milk), "in ghiaccio", (served in a glass with ice), "espressino" or, in some part of country, "marocchino" (a coffee little bit watered down with a spot of frothy milk and sometimes but not always, with a thin layer of cocoa powder), "cappuccino" that's not really a coffee because it's made of 90% of milk and only 10% of coffee, "ristretto" (a more concentrated coffee), "lungo" (a more diluited coffee), "corretto" (literally "correct" in english which is a coffee with some alcoholic drink put together). There are many other ways, but I think it can be enough for now. See you next time

How many ways to serve an italian coffee...

Hi folks, I'm back here in order to talk about coffee.

In your country, how many ways are there to serve coffee are used there? In Italy there are so many ways that I can't describe them all in this article, but I just want to give you some clues/hint/idea. The most common way, and probably the most best known abroad, is obviously the "Espresso": few drops of intense and concentrated coffee. When you get into enter an Italian bar and just ask for a "coffee" <em>(we say short black, strong short black, double)</em> you'll get an espresso coffee. That's the most common way, now let me describe the some others: "macchiato" (with a spot of hot milk), "macchiato freddo" (with a spot of cold milk), "in ghiaccio", (served in a glass with ice), "espressino" or, in some part of country, "marocchino" (a coffee little bit watered down with a spot of frothy milk and sometimes but not always, with a thin layer of cocoa powder), "cappuccino" that's not really a coffee because it's made of 90% of milk and only 10% of coffee, "ristretto" (a more concentrated coffee), "lungo" (a more diluted coffee), "corretto" (literally "correct" in english which is a coffee with some alcoholic drink put together). There are many other ways, but I think it can be this is enough for now. See you next time

<em>Australia is a coffee culture too! for 'diluted' people order decaf! yuk</em>

Hi, folks, I'm here today to talk about coffee.

but I just wanna give you some clues

but I just want to tell you a few of them.

When you get into an Italian bar

When you go to an Italian bar

it's made of 90% of milk and only 10% of coffee,

it's made with 90% milk and only 10% coffee

(a more diluited coffee)

(a more diluted coffee)

There are many other ways, but I think it can be enough for now.

There are many other ways, but I think that's enough for now.

Yes, of course. Probably some tourist can be confused to be served with an espresso in an Italian bar, but probably in some important towns like Rome, MIlan, Venice and so on, barmen are used to keeping touch with toursts and so they ask before serve.
I saw some pictures of greek coffee. It seems to be very good!
O, it's very easy to prepare greek coffee: one teaspoon of ground coffee and little water. But it very important to make coffee properly! Cretans for example trust to brew greek coffee only to their wives))