Max
Parents today are more involved in children's education than parents were in the past. Education has been the most important role in one's career; every employee who wants to obtain a decent job needs a tertiary education. Thus, more and more parents today are involving their children's education. And there are several reasons why they can do this. To begin with, parents nowadays have more time to take care of their children's study. Nearly all parents now have a regular working time each day, which is different from parents did in decades earlier, therefore they have time to help their children deal with homework after knocking off. For example, my older brother works in a large IT company, and every day he get off work in time. After that, he stays at home with his ten years old son, often helping him coping with mathematics homework. Another reason is that nowadays lots of parents have achieved university education, which enables them to involve in their children's education. In the past, there were very few people who are educated in our country, but this is not the case anymore. Lots of parents having bachelor or master degree are skillful at not only their work but also many subjects children are learning. For instance, both my sister and her husband have master degrees; therefore they are able to teach their children new things in many subjects in interesting ways. Last but not least, nowadays many schools require parents involve children's education to improve it. Teachers believe that there would be a better learning effect if parents can help children acquire knowledge. This is very common in our city. Some assignments even need both a student and his or her parent to finish together. This is really helpful to children's learning as they can discuss with their parents to develop new ideas in the process of doing homework. I concede that some parents still are too busy to involve in their children's education, but this is not the case for most of parents. As most parents have more time to concern their children's study, schools encourage parents to do so and parents involving in children's education can help children acquire knowledge better, I believe that parents will be involving in their children's education more in the future.