Sophie
Grammar. Day 1. Now I'm starting my grammar days. I want to practice usage of tenses and word order. I will do some exercises, write short texts and stories. My aim is to sound natural, use everyday english and get used to choose the right tenses to express my thought. Day 1. Tenses. I will do some exercises and will try to explain the usage of the tense (Past Perfect, Past Continuous etc.). Please, if you can also correct these explanations (know grammar rules quite well ;)) I'll be very thankful. 1. How many e-mails have you sent today? - Now you're not sending any e-mails. You've finished it. 2 .Have you ever seen a bear in real life? - You don't know what the bear is like. 3. Someone has stolen my jacket! Oh no! It had my wallet in it. - It happened some time ago and I just noticed that. Emphasis on the result - the wallet is gone. 4. How long have you lived in Bratislava? - Now he doesn't live there. He moved. 5. This is the first time I have eaten Japanese food. - I've finished eating already. My plate is empty. Past ability and possibility. Refrase. 1. I tried to open the door but it was too difficult. I wasn't able to open the door. 2. I could play the piano when I was 7. I knew how to play the piano when I was 7. 3. I had a chance to steal the necklace but I didn't. I could steal the necklace, but I didn't. 4. It was difficult but they escaped. they managed to escape. 5. I wouldn't have been able to buy a car without the money you lent me. The money you lent me meant I am afford to buy a car.
1

Grammar. Day 1.

Now I'm starting my grammar days. I want to practice usage of tenses and word order. I will do some exercises, write short texts and stories. My aim is to sound natural, use everyday english and get used to choose the right tenses to express my thought.

Day 1. Tenses. I will do some exercises and will try to explain the usage of the tense (Past Perfect, Past Continuous etc.). Please, if you can also correct these explanations (know grammar rules quite well ;)) I'll be very thankful.

1. How many e-mails have you sent today? - Now you're not sending any e-mails. You've finished it.
2 .Have you ever seen a bear in real life? - You don't know what the bear is like.
3. Someone has stolen my jacket! Oh no! It had my wallet in it. - It happened some time ago and I just noticed that. Emphasis on the result - the wallet is gone.
4. How long have you lived in Bratislava? - Now he doesn't live there. He moved.
5. This is the first time I have eaten Japanese food. - I've finished eating already. My plate is empty.

Past ability and possibility. Refrase.
1. I tried to open the door but it was too difficult. I wasn't able to open the door.
2. I could play the piano when I was 7. I knew how to play the piano when I was 7.
3. I had a chance to steal the necklace but I didn't. I could steal the necklace, but I didn't.
4. It was difficult but they escaped. they managed to escape.
5. I wouldn't have been able to buy a car without the money you lent me. The money you lent me meant I am afford to buy a car.

Yes, nicely done. I will suggest a few things:

Since you have already done a lot of grammar, you could say, “Now I’m restarting my grammar days.”

“English,” “choosing,” “thoughts.”

You don’t need to repeat “will.”

1. You don’t need to say “it” after “finished” because it’s implied.

2. I would use “a bear” again in the second part because we’re not really talking about a specific bear. You could say “You don’t know what that bear is like” if you’re talking about a bear that’s standing in front of you.

3. “I just noticed. The emphasis is on the result…” You don’t use “that” after “noticed.” It’s really just a continuation, isn’t it? Like, “I just noticed that the jacket with my wallet in it was stolen.” That’s a bit wordy and not natural.

4. You could say “He’s moved” but “He moved” is fine in the U.S.

“Rephrase”

3. You should say “I could have stolen the necklace but I didn’t” or “I could steal the necklace but I won’t” in order to keep consistent tenses.

4. They

5. “The money you lent me meant I could afford to buy a car.” You can also say, “The money you lent me means I can afford to buy a car.” Of course, “lent” is past but think of the phrase as two clauses. It’s really a First Conditional: “If you lend me the money, then I can afford to buy a car.” Or, “Since you lent me the money, I could afford to buy a car.” Or even, “Since you lent me the money, I can afford to buy a new car.”

If you use "am" you would say "am able to" or "was able to"

While “could” is a modal, it can also imply past tense. You just can’t use present tense “can” or "am able to" with the past tense “meant.”

3. Someone has stolen my jacket! Oh no! It had my wallet in it. There was my wallet in it. - It happened some time ago and I just noticed that. Emphasis on the result - the wallet is gone.
5. This is the first time I have eaten Japanese food. - I've already finished eating (Already usually goes in the middle of a sentence ). My plate is empty.

"Past ability and possibility", well said! two doubts: 1. I tried to open the door but it was too difficult.-i failed to open the door. (result) 5.The money you lent me meant I am (am?) afford to buy a car.