Mohammed
I could use some tips for English writing. Hi. I have learned English listening and reading by watching movies and playing video games, but that took me years. I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to become a fluent writer in a short time let us say in 6 months? When I wrote this it took me 5 minutes which is too slow, do I have to read more or to write more?
1

I could use some tips for English writing.

Hi.
I have learned English listening and reading by watching movies and playing video games, but that has taken took me years.
I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to become a fluent writer in a short time - let us say in 6 months?
When I wrote this it took me 5 minutes which is too slow; do I have to read more or to write more?

<em>Both, plus speak and study more - particularly the grammar - italki more, for example.  Nothing dramatic will happen in six months or even two years I suspect.  Try academic writing, for formal, organised structured writing.</em>

Thank you, Rebecca I never thought of it.
Thank you, Brooke and Cathy these are really helpful tips, I'll work on it.
Here's an idea. The next time you write a business email in Arabic, in your spare time re-write that email in English (don't try to translate it just remember what it was you said and try and put that into writing.) Write it by hand, as the physical process of writing by hand helps you to focus and remember. Once you have written it by hand, type it up! It will take a long time, I sometimes spend hours writing long detailed emails. But the more you practise the easier and quicker it will get. Good luck!
It's not what works best for the language; it's what works best for you. For a six-month goal for business English, I would recommend focused material. Manuals, business papers (invoices, memos, other correspondence), textbooks, whatever your specific field is. I would also recommend not only reading along, but typing along. Listen to a sentence, then type it out. Listen to the next sentence. Type that out. And keep going and repeating until you can listen and type. Believe me, transcription is not easy; I have a hard time with it. But it helps with memory and speed.